Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Tara dissed on E!NewsLive

On the Ice
    SkateCynic - my sentiments exactly about the age-appropriateness. Tara, you've been trying too hard to look older than your age, and now you've completely missed the mark! The top and skirt (actually it looks more like the ruffly underwear toddlers wear) are bad enuf, but together with the shoes it ventures into the obscene. And I've always liked Tara....

Custom Title
    How old is Tara now--20? To me, she seems like she's trying to look like a fourteen year old who is trying to look like a twenty year old.

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Oreo
    How old is Tara now--20? To me, she seems like she's trying to look like a fourteen year old who is trying to look like a twenty year old.

OREO: That was a good one. I should have thought of that one.

Aw, she looks OK. (Tara is 21, BTW.) She is always going to look youthful because she is so tiny, like Kristi and Sasha. To me she doesn't look sleazy. It's kind of a beach party or backyard barbeque look.

Mathman

How long till the new season?
    Writing thank-you notes to GS for their kind hospitality......
    Yeah, but I haven't decided if that skirt she had on like more like a Japanese Lantern or a Pinata. If it's the latter, could someone please pass me the stick and the blindfold?

Moving Forward
    Originally posted by SkateCynic
    Yeah, but I haven't decided if that skirt she had on like more like a Japanese Lantern or a Pinata. If it's the latter, could someone please pass me the stick and the blindfold?

Nan

Originally posted by SkateCynic
    :D :D :D

I just got back from a trip, and I'd bought the latest issue of US magazine to read on the plane - Tara's Teen choice outfit got dissed in their "When Bad Clothes Happen to Good People" section. I wished I'd saved the mag, 'cause it was pretty funny.

Add me to the soapbox....and Oreo, you are exactly right!!

guinevere

Tripping on the Podium
    I don't like the outfit either but holy cow, some of you are being so mean!

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar

Tara dissed on E!NewsLive

Lucy25:

Do many of the Hollywood set have good taste when it comes to clothes? I think not.

Lad, good point. There aren't many celebraties out there in "Tinsel Town" whose clothes I'd want to wear........:\ 42

Aw, you're all being way to critical of someone who is often a very classy dresser (and person)

Custom Woman
    Well, call me a trash lover but I genuinely like both the Teen Choice Awards outfit, except for the shoulder bow, and the rag-yarn/denim micro mini outfit in the photo Idle posted. Don't you guys remember early Madonna? She was 25 and wearing, or not wearing, stuff that had all the experts saying she was nothing but the flavor of the millisecond. Madonna also happens to be a stratospherically successful woman who really isn't exceptionally good at anything except being Madonna. Her voice started out sounding like Minnie Mouse and in fact I clearly remember reviews saying, "Forget Madonna and her Wannabes. Cyndi Lauper is the one with the voice and staying power." True, Lauper has a gorgeous voice, far superior to Madonna's. Lauper's style, though just as NY Downtown as Madonna's, had some real structure to it. But much as I loved Lauper's singing then and love it now, it is Madonna who is still raking in fans and money and still on that glorious quest to act in another decent movie besides "Desperately Seeking Susan."

And whoever talked about the clothes generally worn in Hollywood is a wonderful point. Let's see...JLo and "The Dress." L'il Kim, her flower "top" and Diana Ross "inspecting" it on the MTV Awards. Cameron Diaz and that striped thing that looked like an ice cream swirl cone. I liked Bjork's over-the-neck dead swan look just because it was so Bjork, but even I realize I'm very strange to love it. Demi Moore and the shorts under the front cut-out gown. I'm just bringing up a few memorable ones. So for Melissa "Would I be doing anything if I weren't Joan's kid? And let's not even talk about plastic surgery!" Rivers and her E! pals to laugh at Tara is pretty funny to me. At least Tara is all Tara, as far as I know.

So I love Tara's look, I love her tenacity in the face of soul-crushing adversity, as in constant hip pain by the age of 16 and still going on atg 21, and having to give up skating, which whatever one's opinion is about Tara as a skater I don't think we can doubt her passion for it and the heartbreak she feels.

Finally, how many of us could wear ruffles on our butts and look that good? Okay, I know Idle and Mathman could look that good in butt ruffles, but who else, huh?

Go Tara, and pile on that eyeshadow, girl! You're only popular with the tween/teen set for a minute so have fun with the make-up, teensy outfits, and hooker shoes while you can. When I was that age and had that kind of body, I was going out in antique slips with silk chiffon kimono jackets in shoes with heels that could have gouged somebody's eye out and I have always, ALWAYS been glad I did.
    Rgirls Just Wanna Have Fun

Moving Forward
    I'm all for girls having fun, I used to be one myself, but my feet are going to stay firmly planted on my soapbox for now.

My objections to the clothes Tara is wearing in the pictures we've seen has nothing to do with bows or ruffles (on her butt or any where else) or colors or "matching" tops with bottoms. It has everything to do with skin and the amount of it in view. Perhaps starting with what we see on the Hollywood and music "stars," I think a lot of us have become a little desensitized when it comes to the current trend to show as much skin as possible for no other reason than to show it. I have worked with boys/young men from the ages of 17-26 for a number of years and I can say from my own experience, they are still as sensitive as ever.

Many of these guys share the opinion that if you are over 50 and happen to be carrying a little extra weight around, you are then both deaf and neutered so they have a tendency to speak pretty freely to each other around me and since I have daughters in the 18-27 year old age range, I listen. What I hear these young men say about many of the girls who subscribe to the "more skin is better" way of dressing is *not* what I would want to hear said about any of my own girls.

What put the nail in the coffin for me was when I heard a "person" (I don't want to call him a man) say that he really liked what the girls were wearing now because it's easier to get into than "regular" clothes so the "chicks" didn't have as much time to think about what he was doing and say, "no."

I know this is not the norm and I have no intension of painting all young men with the same brush, but all it takes is one, and they don't wear signs identifying themselves.

I really believe you can dress "young," dress "for fun," and show off a figure you are proud of without exposing 80% or more of your skin. Just my opinion.

Nan

it would be a cute skating outfit.
    love the shoes
    why does Tara look like she's had a bad face lift skin pulled to tight??

http://www.mathmaninbuttruffles.com

Click quick, the FBI is investigating this site and it may be banned at any moment.

MM

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast