Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Tara dissed on E!NewsLive

Custom Title

7th Heaven

Regarding Tara's acting: she was a pivotal character in last season's finale for 7th Heaven so I suspect that means she'll be showing up the in the upcoming season premier (assuming, that is, that the show hasn't been cancelled).
    Lin

Thumbs up

Merf, of COURSE newcomers are welcome!

Rinkside
    rgirl-"Also, Tara is only 21 and just this past season got the crushing news that skating was something she was not going to be able to continue doing. This, after five years of excruciating pain. BTW, Tara was not told to stop skating. Her hip injury was not even diagnosed until about 2002. It's been reported that she went back to skating too early after her surgery, but when you've got SOI breathing down your neck and you're all of 19 or 20, it's a tough decision since ALL top skaters have skated through injuries at one time or another. Tara got dissed for missing SOI shows and dissed for skating in them. She can't win."

This paragraph doesn't make sense. You mention 5 yrs of excruciating pain, then say her hip injury wasn't diagnosed until about 2002. One of her many reason why she went pro is that she knew her hip couldn't take the training that eligibles have to do. (Frankly, I don't care WHY she went pro, it's her life-just get a reason and stick with it.) If she was in excruciating pain (and how do you know that?), why wasn't it diagnosed? Did she see one doctor who didn't know what it was? If my hip was hurting I think I would see as many doctors as I had to until it was properly diagnosed. If you look at the way she skated the first couple of years after 98, it's doubtful that her injury goes back that far.

Also I read an article in which Tara was quoted as going back on the ice long before the doctors wanted her to. But I haven't seen one diss on any board for missing SOI shows when she was injured. I don't think the public is so heartless that we would complain that a skater didn't show up when they are injured. In fact, the only skaters I've ever seen critcized for using an injury are those who are perceived as being not really injured. (Such as those who missed 2002 GPF.)

I really blame this all on Sonia Henie who couldn't act but for the time Zanuck catered to her and her movies sold. They sold because she was an oddity - a dancer on blades who won gold 3 times. Then with Esther Williams coming into the movies with her swimming medals (and incredible body), it seemed like this was a path to movie stardom.

I can understand the young minds of figure skaters who believe the end of skating is the beginning of a big movie career. Sad, it just doesn't work that way anymore.

As for Tara, I believe with the work she's been getting on the soaps, she will be learning her acting craft. She will not get the meteoric rise to an academy award or a tony but she may well become a decent character actor. She could easily find work in summer stock but that is not the publicity she is used to. I hope her dreams are not rushing to the top.

Joe

Custom Title

Tara

Thanks for posting the photos - I don't keep up with Tara.

I'm speechless.

sh

Custom Title
    Originally posted by Tonichelle
    Anyway... Tara, yes, normally has a better fasion sense... her black dress she wore at an event last year was very nice and age appropriate, and her hair was so pretty... and her makeup was tasteful... where's THAT Tara?
    She's right here (I'm guessing this is the outfit you're referring to):

http://www.tararulz.com/gallery/awar...all/index.html

IMO, if Tara wants to look more mature, she should definitely try this look more often. She kind of looks like (a more fully-clothed) Mariah Carey with that dress and hair.

I'd also like to see what Tara would look like as a brunette today (the same shade her hair was when she won 1997 Worlds at 14). I think that would probably make her look more mature as well.

Thumbs up

She looks good in navy blue

Custom Title
    I certainly love that picture of Tara.

Rinkside

Tara

I think she looks fine. When I saw this thread I expected her to be dressed in a clown outfit or something. What she is wearing is age appropriate and similar to the clothes worn by the other girls at the awards. I think it is unfair of commentators to pick on her outfit and let the others slide by.

Salchows and Shimmies!!!
    The pictures from the Carousel Ball are gorgeous. I guess its a matter of preference, but I prefer to see Tara dressed and hairstyled more classically instead of the "messy teenybop skank" look. She looks so pretty in classic clothes and sleek, darker blonde hair. May the Audrey/Grace look is really the one for Tara.

Keeper of Michelle's Nose berthes ghost's Avatar
    "I really blame this all on Sonia Henie who couldn't act but for the time Zanuck catered to her and her movies sold. They sold because she was an oddity - a dancer on blades who won gold 3 times. Then with Esther Williams coming into the movies with her swimming medals (and incredible body), it seemed like this was a path to movie stardom."

You forgot Johnny Weismiller. And what about Arnold S? IIRC, O.J. received critical aclaim for some of his films. Anyway, Tara isn'g going to turn her sport into a movie genre, unlike Sonja and Esther. She can't even skate anymore.

But I am a little confused. Are you blaming Sonja for Tara's lack of fashion sense? Huh?

Tar looks awful in those tight shiny blue pants three posts up. But she looks beautiful in the black dress.

I sent Tara a picture of me, all dressed up. Tara replied. "You're ugly and your wife dresses you funny." I guess my career in the movies is shot. I too blame Sonja Henie.

Mathman

Oh Berthe - Ya got me. I got lost in the discussion of Tara's acting skills and her graduation dress. Trust me, I have no flair for fashion.

But I did think of Johnny Weismuller and Buster Crabbe too, but I had already written what I was going to say and didn't want to go back as a list of sportspeople who became actors - all of whom by the way go back to the thirties and forties. OJ was the most recent one, I think. But that get's away from Tara. Carol Heiss one movie was in the fifties.

No Sonia had nothing to do with Tara's clothes and I was not implying that.

Joe:o

Custom Title

Tara

I wonder who Tara Lapinski is.

I see who she pretends to be.

I like that black dress; perhaps her hair could be swept back similar to what Jane Pauley used to do with her long hair, or Princess Grace. I think that type of hair style would fit nicely.

Notice that a lot of the photos shows her with her chin down and eyes kinda slanted, looking demurely to the right or left.

I've never been a fan of Tara's for many reasons. I remember one statement she made when she went pro. Asked why she was going pro, she advised that she wanted to compete with higher competition (something like that) and compete against Kristi Yamaguchi (sp?); well, she never did. IN the competitions I watched, Tara was the better skater - she had no competition.
    So much for that.

I'd like to see a more mature Tara - a genuine, realistic Tara come forth and show interest in others for a change.

We never know why people are as the are, but if we listen and watch we can pretty well tell. I do wish the best for her.

sh

Custom Title
    Check out the picture of Tara on the back page of the Star (September 9 issue). This outfit should lay to rest any question about Tara's fashion sense. The Star calls her dress a "terrifying body scrunchie." Yikes!! Where does she find these clothes?

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast