Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Tara dissed on E!NewsLive

I just thought I'd mention that I watched about 10 minutes of 7th Heaven's season premiere last Monday, and it looks like Tara's appearance from the previous season's final episode was merely a guest shot. So she does not, as of yet, have steady non-ice related employment.

Salchows and Shimmies!!!
    You know, the more "old style Hollywood" that Tara dresses, the better she looks. Forget the Britney look Tara, go for Jane Powell, Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn. The updo is especially flattering to her face. I actually prefer Tara with her hair up rather than down. And I WANT that black dress!!! GORGEOUS!!!

Custom Woman
    Re: "Is that her underwear sticking out?"
    Rgal--As the Fab Five might say, Tara looks like she got a little carried away with her juhzing.

Though I like Mathman's answer that it's just some color accent to the drab shorts.

Of course Tara looks lovely in upswept hair and basic black. Of course I like it. But I like the low riders and belly shirts, too. She's 20 or 21; she's teeny (maybe a bit too teeny); but if she's having fun wearing the mesh tops and micro minis, more power to her.

Idle,
    I thought Tara had that soap opera gig? Or was that just temporary?
    Rgirl

Custom Title
    I agree that she is too skinny. She must weigh 80lbs right out of the shower. I loved all the pics. They were great.

Custom Title
    When she made those two appearances last season on "Seventh Heaven", Tara was hoping for a regular spot. Just because she wasn't in the season premiere doesn't mean for sure that she won't appear in future episodes, but I think it probably isn't a good sign.

I hope Tara has alternate plans in mind for her future other than an acting career.

And I agree that she is much, much too thin. What happened to the toned muscles in her arms and legs? She is almost skeletal.

Custom Title
    I was hoping Tara will return to 7th Heaven. I think she is a better actress than most of the ladies in that show.

She is slim, but not unhealthy, besides less wt means less burden on her hip.

As an actress, Tara can use her size and her youthful appearance to her advantage. She will be able to play teenaged roles throughout her twenties.

Mathman

Creative Compilation Compiler aka 3axel

Tara's outfit

I think she looks great in that mini!!!

tripleflutz

Custom Title
    Size and youthful appearance mean NOTHING in the acting business. There are loads of gorgeous young things out there who can play 12-16 year-olds, and who have the talent and legitimate acting credits to bolster their chances.

Just looking young won't help Tara, because her lack of acting talent limits her range to small bit parts and walk-ons. She just doesn't have the ability to portray real teenagers convincingly. Maybe that's partially due to the fact she has never led the life of a 'normal' teenager.

Custom Title
    And maybe this why she is wearing such young clothes.
    But hey it is her style.

There are so many struggling actors who would love to get the break that Tara got. She comes to acting with no experience before hand, and maybe, just maybe, poppa helped her to get the gig.

Joe

Custom Woman
    Actors getting parts has never been fair and nepotism is rife in Hollywood. Goldie Hawn-Kate Hudson. Charlie Sheen-Emilio Estevez-Charlie Sheen. Blythe Danner and Bruce Paltrow-Gyneith Paltrow. Kirk Douglas-Michael Douglas. I could go on and on. The way I see it, even if an actor does get a helping hand breaking into the biz, they won't stay long or go very far unless they have the acting chops to keep going on their own. If Tara did get help from her father getting an acting gig, and I don't know that she did, that would be about as far as it goes. Ultimately, Tara will have to succeed in acting on her own.

Whatever happens, I hope she finds something she loves doing and that she is good at. I find it very sad to see a 20-21-year-old who has already lost one career she dearly loved due to injury and at which she was very successful. Even if you never liked her skating, she was World and Olympic champion. I'd like to see Tara enroll in some college courses. As Aristotle said, "Education is the best provision for the journey to old age."
    Rgirl
    Last edited by Rgirl; 09-23-2003 at 06:06 AM.

Custom Title
    Kate Hudson, Michael Douglas, Charlie Sheen and Gwyneth Paltrow are all talented actors who have succeeded on their talent, not their parent's help. Tori Spelling is another one who got her 'break' because her dad was the executive producer of the shows she appeared on. Tori could hardly be called a gifted actor (compared to the previously mentioned nepots), but she is nonetheless miles above Tara when it comes to acting talent.

I, too, think Tara should consider getting an education if her acting career doesn't pan out. Instead of clinging to the idea of celebrity, her best move might be self discovery. She may have many more talents than she realizes.

Salchows and Shimmies!!!
    Rgirl: ITA about college for Tara. I think she'd make a kick-butt marketing/business major. She's always had a talent for marketing herself and I think she could extend that to other people and be a successful sports marketer like Shep Goldberg and others. Tara for the next "Jerry Maguire!!!"

Tripping on the Podium
    Originally posted by Joesitz
    There are so many struggling actors who would love to get the break that Tara got. She comes to acting with no experience before hand, and maybe, just maybe, poppa helped her to get the gig.

Joe
    How the hell would her dad be able to help her get roles? What could he possibly do? Doesn't he work for an oil company or something? I just don't understand how he would be able to help her.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast