US Open Predictions? | Golden Skate

US Open Predictions?

Lynn51

Rinkside
Any predictions on who will win?

I'm rooting for Agassi or Roddick for the Men's title and Henin-Hardenne for the Ladies tiltle.

I watched the Opening Ceremony a while ago and the Tribute to Pete Sampras. That tribute was So Moving!

Lynn

Roddick. It's time!

The Belgian girls to battle it out. Is Lindsey Davenport playing?

Is Kornoukova working with MacEnroe?

Joe

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
For the men, I'd really love to see Andre win one more time as I think this is his last legitimate shot at another title. But I wouldn't be disappointed if Andy won his first Grand Slam title here.

For the women, it will probably come down to the Belgians. However, I would love to see Lindsay or Jennifer win - Lindsay because it looks like she will be retiring soon and Jennifer because it would be so unexpected and she deserves to win here at least one time.

Even though I am not a Pete Sampras fan, I was really touched by his retirement ceremony. How fitting it was at the site of this first and last titles. What a way to leave!!!

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I would imagine it must be difficult to walk away from all the accolades and applause--to completely close the door on that chapter of one's life.

Yes, indeed, a very touching moment for Pete.

But watch that Russian gal, Petrova in the future. She gave Lindsey a tough time. although Lindsey was limping throughout. Petrova was good and maybe the beginning of serious Russian competition in Tennis.

I'd love to see Lindsey take this and retire with good feelings, but I think the Belgian girls will get it. I actually miss Venus and Serena.

The USA men are still there. I'm banking on some sort of show-down between Roddick and Agassi. If all goes well, where do they meet? In the semis? or the finals?

Joe

Lynn51

Rinkside
Joe,

If both Andre and Andy get through their rounds, they would meet in the final.

I really miss seeing Venus and Serena at the US Open! They both looked and sounded great during interviews. I sure hope they both recover soon!

Rain, rain go away. These rain delays are getting to me!

Lynn

Last edited:

alina

Rinkside
I hope Andre will win.
He is my favorite since he came to Paris the first time as a young boy with long hair and jeans shorts(little rebel) and he has my biggest respect since his comeback after the break.

Alina

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Predictions?

Okay, due to the SLIGHT amount of rain they've been experiencing (ahem!), I predict they won't finish the tournament until NEXT Sunday (i.e. a week later than originally planned)!
:laugh:

Lynn51

Rinkside
Whoohoo! Congrats to Justine Henin-Hardenne the 2003 US Open Ladies winner!

Lynn

As predicted.... the Belgian Girls in the finals and Justine Henin hardene takes it. Good for her, and the second placer.

Big Question... Will Rodick hold up against Ferrero?

Joe

K

KaitSk8

I hope Roddick wins!!!!!!!!! Personally, though I like both the Belgian Girls, Kim is my fave b/c she's such a nice girl!

Lynn51

Rinkside
Three Big Cheers for the 2003 Us Open Men's Champ--Andy Roddick! After his semi's match, I wasn't sure how he'd play again Ferrero but he was fantastic! :D

Lynn

Great news Lynne. I think the whole match was great and I am quite satisfied with the winners but also very much appreciated the second places.

Sorry about Jennifer and Lindsey. Both were injured but hey, that's life.

Oh, if only one Williams sister was in the game to see how she would stack up against Justine!

I hope Roddick sticks to his training and doesn't go ape over the social life. He's good looking and will have a lot of groupies trying to reach him.

Joe

Lynn51

Rinkside
Joe,

With Brad Gilbert as Andy's coach, I don't think he'll go too "ape over the social life". I believe Brad will keep sure he's grounded and keeps up his work ethics.

On a side note--Andy's dating Mandy Moore who was sitting with his parents during the final match.

Lynn