Trivia contest birthday prizes | Golden Skate

Trivia contest birthday prizes

On the old board we had a series of trivia games going on to win birthday prizes for our favorite skaters. If anyone gets inspired (and feels generous enough to offer a prize), we could start up again some time. FYI here are the winners so far:

Eltamina for Tara Lipinski, June 10, (this wasn't exactly a trivia contest, Eltamina just wanted to send Tara something nice). A set of romance CDs.

Freddy the Pig for Michelle Kwan, July 7, prize offered by Eltamina, the same 4 CD set that Tara got (so as not to play favorites, LOL)

Ptichka for Belbin and Agosto, July 11 (Tanith), prize offered by Mathman, selected by Eltamina, Tarantella dance music.
FourDogKnight, for Dorothy Hamill, July 26, prize offered by Eltamina, donation to the USFSA 1961 Memorial Fund in Dorothy's name.

emiC for Jenny Kirk, August 15, prize offered by Mathman, selected by Eltamina, Rachel Barton CD, Brahms violin concerto.

CBorsky, for Jeffrey Buttle, September 1, prize offered by Mathman, selected by Eltamina, Stravinski CDs, Firebird, Rite of Spring et. al.

FourDogKnight, for Brian Boitano, October 22, prize offered by Eltamina, 2 CD set , Carmina Burana and sacred music of Palestrina and others.

SkatingCanuck, for Jennifer Robinson, December 2, prize offered by Eltamina, 4 CD set of love songs.

Mathman, for Fumie Suguri, December 31, prize offered by RTureck, to be chosen.

Mathman

Last edited:

rtureck

Final Flight
If anyone gets inspired (and feels generous enough to offer a prize), we could start up again some time

Where is the (easy :p ) number crunching problem that you solved in honor of Fumie? I am working very hard to figure out a gift for Fumie, but I have 4 months right?

Sounds like fun. I am willing to offer prize for the next one. So post away with your trivia.

OK, I added it. A prize for Fumie should be easy. Something along the line of "the most beautiful melody you ever heard in classical music" would fit in perfectly with the music that Lori Nichol has been chosing for her the last three years.

I'm still working on the Bayreuth, Bonn and Salzburg puzzle.

Trivia question: What world champion figure skater was born on VALENTINE'S DAY?

Mathman

gezando

Final Flight
Mathman said:
I'm still working on the Bayreuth, Bonn and Salzburg puzzle.
Mathman

??? Is there a Bayreuth, Bonn and Salzburg puzzle, these are German and Austrian cities. So there the puzzle is solved.

gezando

Final Flight
Mathman said:

Pick one from the following, and then put a in a wish list of what you want to hear when you get there (less than 1000 words) Sorry your guy does not make the list.

If you have the money and time, which one will you choose:

Bayreuth
Boon or Salzburg

The puzzle consisted of 2 part

Pick one of the cities, then write a 1000 word essay of what you want to hear when you get there. You have to prove exquisite taste in your choice.

This is not a 3 cities puzzle, it is a 3 cities plus one guy puzzle.

Sorry your guy does not make the list

So Mathman, who is your #1 guy? Yags? Plushenko, is your guy a skater? or a movie star? or a musician ? or a composer? or a painter?

Since no one can read your mind, you have to think through who is your guy, then crack this puzzle. At least if I am solving this puzzle, this will be my approach.

If you are unable to do so, can you dial a number and find Holmes or a life line or something?

Last edited:

rtureck

Final Flight
Mathman said:

Trivia question: What world champion figure skater was born on VALENTINE'S DAY?

Mathman

Mathman, if you love your sweet heart avatar girl Yuka who was born on Valentine's day, you would have worked harder to solve the puzzle. Do you need to call in a detective to help you?

BTW, I did not include your guy, becuase there was a festival for him at Fertõd-Eszterháza from July 11 - 20th 2003. So I am asking you to pick one of the list of 3 cities. :)