Miss fs, what do you do? | Golden Skate

Miss fs, what do you do?

Eevun

Final Flight
I'm in a down period now, I really miss figure skating. Especially Worlds 5 months ago. It was the week of my life. The atmosphere, the audience, the thrilling competitions, meeting new friends, meeting&chatting with my favourite skaters. It was such a golden moment I'll remember the rest of my life.
But now I'm so sad missing all this :( And it's summer=no skating. I really long for next season to start.
I listen to my iPod-playlist with songs only from Worlds (The last song is ABBA - 'The winner takes it all', doesn't make me much happier....), making banners&avatars to use on other forums, starting fs threads on other-subject forums to try to make people love and discuss fs. My 5000 photos from the week need to be sorted as well and I'm going to frame my big 'official Worlds Kristoffer'-poster and put the signed photos and tickets there as well. This will hopefully ease my pain and make the time until Oct run faster.

What do you do when you miss a certain event or just fs in general during low season?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I certainly feel your pain. I used to (when I figure skated) drop into a summer fs skating school session or two. Now that I don't skate it's much tougher to fill the void. I look at my tapes and keep in touch here to find out what is coming up for the new season. Also Youtube is great to watch your favorite skaters or revisit the ones who have moved on.

It won't be long until skating season starts!!

:agree:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
well, I have a summer job that keeps me busy...

other than that I just obsess over other things in my life... right now that includes a trip to WDW (which this trip is costing me WAY LESS Than the same time period for US Nationals did this last year. which I find something wrong with that)

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I play back my favorite skating tapes/DVDs and watch skating videos on youtube to get through the "off season.".

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I make it a point to attend a summer competition. This year I went to Liberty in Pennsylvania and had a great time.

If you like ice dancing, the Lake Placid competition is great!!!!!

Other summer competitions are Golden West, Detroit, Moran in NJ, the Indy Pairs challenge, Cranberry Open and lots more.

If you're in Canada, they have Thornhill and Quebec and BC summer competitions.

But cheer up! In 3 days, the Junior Grand Prix starts.

A good thing to do is to go to fsvids and download the whole of a competition from the past. You don't even need to be a full member as the competitions before 2006 are in the public parts of the forum. You do have to register. Scroll down on the front page to register.

http://www.fsvids.net

There are also summer shows.

Evening With Champions in Boston is coming up and will be great. There is a series of shows in Sun Valley. There are many other shows around the country.

skamper23

Medalist
I'm also big fan of YouTube, they have so many skating videos. I do like fvids.net too!!! I did get up to Lake Placid last week-end for their Sat. Night Ice Show. I'd also love to get to Sun Valley, Idaho some summer to see one of their summer ice shows!!! I also visit skaters websites and try to keep up on current events to help pass the time!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'll try to do my best (a few days after the show since we're going down there for the weekend), skamper. :biggrin:

Eevun

Final Flight
Thank you very much for your respond! Not long until GP starts! But who'll be left after Jeff's retire and Lambiel injured... :no:

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
I've taken up a new sport while figure skating is on hiatus-- fencing. So much so that I am actually taking lessons and learning how to fence.

oleada

Record Breaker
Luckily, my other sports obsession - tennis - has a lot going on during the months of the figure skating off-season. So FS takes a backseat to tennis for me during the summer months. However, I occasionally watch videos of my favorite skaters when I'm missing skating.