Firsts Keep Coming for Kim | Golden Skate

Firsts Keep Coming for Kim

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
South Korea's Yu-Na Kim continues to make history every time she steps on the ice. When she won the Triglav Trophy in Slovenia in 2002 in novice, it was the first victory for a Korean lady at an international event. [More]

Outstanding piece by Barry Mittan. Thanks, Barry and Paula.

I hope Yu-na has an injury free season. I wil be rooting for her to win the World championship.

She really needs that loop jump. She gives away a lot of points by over-reliance on the double Axel. With two solo 2As plus a 2A-3T, she cannot do a second 3F and she can only come up to 6 triples. With Mao Asada having the potential to do an 8-triple program, Kim will need a full arsenal herself.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Awwww! :love::love::love: How cute. :clap:
I'm glad one of the skaters loves those toys people throw.

She also buys souvenirs related to figure skating. "I try to take all the toys that people bring to me home with me if I can," she said. "I always keep the special ones."

The fans are a big support for me even when I'm not at my best," she continued. "They give me a lot of strength. Sometimes when I'm training, it's really hard for me, but when I go around the world and get good results and meet new people, it's really nice.

Great article. Thank you Paula.