Sashas Edges | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Sashas Edges

rtureck

Final Flight
#300 and off topic

Fumie typically doesn't peak until late in the season.

I hope she will peak just at the right time WORLDS. Last season she competed in all GP series/ finals/ Japanese nationals, Asian GAmes, 4CC and worlds. There was some up and down, fortunately the ups was worlds, and the fluff competition in May.

RTureck, well, I have been holding back as long as could, but now I just have to say it: Your post is actually the 301st post on this thread. It is the 300th reply. There are 15 post per page, so the 300th post is the last post on the 20th page.

Just thought you'd like to know that fact about higher math :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Fumie had an inconsistent season last year. I think it was because her preseason training was a little slow getting started, in the aftermath of the Olympic year. This year I heard that she is really into her music and choreography. I am expecting a great start to her season.

Mathman

rtureck

Final Flight
I have been holding back as long as could, but now I just have to say it: Your post is actually the 301st post on this thread. It is the 300th reply. There are 15 post per page, so the 300th post is the last post on the 20th page.

Your higher math is too deep for me. Sigh... I almost flunked out 4th grade math, what can I say. I am mathematically challenged.

I had/ have major problem/ headache with this.
Lets plant Christmas trees

The length of the field is 100 yds

The farmer plants the trees 10 yds apart. So how many Christmas trees (in one row) can you find.

I thought 100/10 = 10

My 4th grade math teacher insisted on 11 :rolleye:

Last edited:

rtureck

Final Flight
303 th reply

On the topic of centripetal force ( not centrifugal Newton's law)
On Herricane Isabel
1. Can we consider the counter clockwise winds as a manifestation of centripetal forces?

2. What is the relationship linear velocity to centripetal forces . So the more centripetal force the faster the hurricane will move linearly?

On my beat up tape recorder

How come one side (the one with the smaller radius, less tape) seems to move faster than the other side (larger radius, more tape)

Linear velocity and angular velocity?

I am physics challenged

Last edited:
Hurricanes are caused by coriolis force. Like centrifugal force, this isn't really a force at all. Just a consequence of the fact that, like the big spool and the small spool on you tape recorder, the earth is bigger at the equator and small at the poles. Something like that.

How did hurricane Isabel treat you?

Mathman