Canada & the Olympics... | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Canada & the Olympics...

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I wonder how the Canadian skaters will do in 2010.

I think we will do great. We always do as a rule at the Winter Olympics, since we are known as a "land of ice and snow" - just look out my window right now!! Our winter sports get more funding than our summer sports. I am sure the skaters will be prepared for a showdown!!

Thanks for your response.

:thumbsup:

skatingbc

Final Flight
I thought Canada only won one medal in ice skating in 2006 - Jeff's bronze?

I think that's true. Joannie was 5th, I think, which I consider to be pretty good. D/L had that accident in the original dance, didn't they? They would have been in the medal running surely. Honestly, even though there is only one medal to show for it, I think we did pretty good. Hopefully we'll have a couple more in 2010 in front of a home country crowd!

Winnipeg

Final Flight
I think that's true. Joannie was 5th, I think, which I consider to be pretty good. D/L had that accident in the original dance, didn't they? They would have been in the medal running surely. Honestly, even though there is only one medal to show for it, I think we did pretty good. Hopefully we'll have a couple more in 2010 in front of a home country crowd!

You are right re D and L - terrible fall for her. I think they would have won silver....

In 2010, I think we have a shot at a medal in each discipline, with the ladies the longest stretch.