Do you like Alexei Yagudin??? | Golden Skate

Do you like Alexei Yagudin???

S

Smasheroo

Do you like Alexei Yagudin???

Hi, I'm new here and I inspired by the Kwan-thread! Allright, people, just let me know what you think about Alexei! But don't take the whole thing to0 serious, okay? ;)

M

mathman444

Re: Do you like Alexei Yagudin???

Hi, Smasheroo. Welcome to Golden Skate. I voted for #2, but you'll get a lot of #1's on this board, especially from the ladies.:lol:

Mathman

K

Kara Bear

Welcome to the forum. BTW, I love your pictures.

S

sk8ing lady2001

Alexei is awesome! :D

W

WindSpirit5

I love Yagudin, but I don't think he's "the greatest skater ever". No one is. There're several skaters who I like very much and every one of them is unique, very good in some ways, and lacking in others. <em>Maybe</em> together they could make the greatest skater ever... ;)

Btw, what's with "he's just a great pretender"? You mean, he pretends to skate so well...? If so, he's damn good at it. :lol:

L

Lanechka

Alexei and Plushy are my tied for no. 1 men's skater. ;) Alexei's great!

<strong>-Lanie</strong>

D

Dee4707

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>but you'll get a lot of #1's on this board, especially from the ladies.[/quote]
Math, you are in some big trouble right now. First of all, I love Alexei's <strong>skating</strong> and then all the other stuff, like his nice body, his hair, his cute face and all that stuff comes next. <strong>Do you think all we ladies who love Alexei are that shallow?</strong>

Smasheroo, if this is a poll about Alexei, then why is Plushenko a part of the poll? Why not any other skater? Are you trying to start trouble? And what do you, yourself, think of Alexei?

Dee

mzheng

Record Breaker

He is one of them, and is currently the only male eligible, I would schedule my time around so not missing his competetion. The other male skater has been Kurt Browning. But he is not competing anymore, pro or non pro.

S

Smasheroo

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Smasheroo, if this is a poll about Alexei, then why is Plushenko a part of the poll? Why not any other skater? Are you trying to start trouble? And what do you, yourself, think of Alexei?[/quote]

I like Evgeny and Alexei! !!! Evgeny a little less, and Alexei a little MORE! ;) And I voted for option No. 1, of course! I lurvve him because nobody ever in figure skating has touched me that much like him.

And no, no trouble planned; didn't I say not to take the whole thing too serious??? Just my options were running out, that's all, and I thought "Gooooo Evgeny" would be funny, because it's only natural, he's the closest after all! But as you see, nobody "bought" it so far! :)

L

LilyBerg

Do you like Alexei? Yes, of course!

I have to say that I love Alexei, he's an amazing skater and Winter is the best SP ever! I voted for number one, and I know that some might say that he isn't the greatest skater ever and I know that none is, but in my opinion he's the closest guy to it.

/Lily

mzheng

Record Breaker
Re: Do you like Alexei? Yes, of course!

LilyBerg, I would say he IS the greatest male skater in at least in last 2 dacades. Was there any one in last 2 dacades accomplished more than he?

G

Germanice

Is the world a ball?

I'm a huge admirer of him since 1999, so OF COURSE he's the greatest skater of all time, who else, eh? :lol: :rollin: ;)

... the strange thing is: I really think that skaters like Abt, Plushenko and Kulik are basically more "gifted" than Alexei, but the way he equalizes all this with sheer passion, emotion, will, determination, character, power and a whole lot of hard work makes me adore him even more.

That doesn't mean I'm one of those who're thinking he's running around with a big, fat halo. I'm aware of all his mistakes and contradictions; his lack of modesty, his big mouth, his bragging, his always-changing-his-mind's - to name only a few. As long he's in the business he'll remain controversal and political incorrect. But at least this guy is always entertaining - actually I believe figure skating needs way more real personalities like him! :evil:

Anke

S

SHINE2002

Re: Is the world a ball?

...and because "I love him I'll have to love all of him".

I dreamed of Alexei openning my locker for me once, and was forever hooked.

M

mathman444

MZheng, that's high praise indeed. The last two decades takes in most of the career of Scott Hamilton (OGM 1984), as well as Brian Boitano, Brian Orser and Kurt Browning.

Mathman

H

HamiltonBrowningFan

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Scott Hamilton (OGM 1984), as well as Brian Boitano, Brian Orser and Kurt Browning.
[/quote]

4 of which are whom I consider to be the best(1984-1994... a very good decade of skating/skaters)... and Alexei is now in that group... but he isn't THE best ;)

mzheng

Record Breaker

Mathman, I forgot Kurt.

He was my favorate at the time. I used to follow his pro skating. Whenever he was in the show (TV) you bet I was in front of tv. At this moment one of his show number flash back, the one some musisian was dedicated to him according to the commentator, kind of electronic and he flay his arm like hammering something. Too bad I didn't have the habit to tape by then.

I had a tape of his Oly LP, Casanblanc (sorry for the spelling). I like skaters who can skate with passion and abondant along with the music. When watching them skating I always forgot the number I was counting for jumps and to think about it is only 7 (lady) or 9 (man) number need to be counted, :p . Kurt, Alexie, Michelle have this effect on me. With other skaters I have no problem to count the jumps from the beginning to end. :p

S

Spree2spree

He's great without a doubt, but not the greatest!..

i do not who i think is the greatest skater!..

K

Kay118

Just like the "who is legend" thread, I think people will use different criteria to define who is the greatest. I voted for #1 because Alexie is the greatest male skater I've ever seen. Granted I haven't watched Scott H., Brian B. and Kurt Browning when they were eligible and had more hair:lol: