Canadian Passport? Don't Smile | Golden Skate

Canadian Passport? Don't Smile

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Here is a new concept! Our Government just made it mandatory to appear "stoic" on our passports! In other words, do not smile for the camera! If one does, the passport is not legal! Huh? I wonder who came up with that one?

windspirit

On the Ice
Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen someone smiling in their passport photo...

[edited for redundancy :laugh: ]

Last edited:

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
WHAT?!?!?!? Whose brilliant idea was this??? What if you have an old passport with a smiling face - do you have to get a new picture? I hope not. Of all the stupid things for government money to be spent on (besides the reacll here in California!!!).

Seriously, I know that I'm not smiling in my passport picture.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
hrmsk8ngnutt:

The "powers that be" are allowing a "grace" period for those who may have a smile on their previous passport, but once it is expired the new rule kicks in.

If no one smiles for their passport - why did they pass a law Bart? Why did they pass a law?

NansXOXOX

Final Flight
My daughter was reading this over my shoulder and her comment was, "It's because dead people don't smile. It makes it easier to identify the body."

I sent her to bed!

Nan

Antilles

Medalist
What grace period? I'm smiling on my passport.

Does this mean if I return to Canada from another country, they won't let me in? Hogwash. I can see the headlines now.