Does anyone know where i can find out how much of the U.S. population is "young" | Golden Skate

Does anyone know where i can find out how much of the U.S. population is "young"

aguyin2003

Rinkside
Does anyone know where i can find out how much of the U.S. population is "young"

For awhile I been reading on articles about how many countries like Italy , population is in the "older" catagory and that they out number the "younger" population . What I want to know is that how much of a percentage is the U.S. younger population? I know that more of the population is in the baby boomer catagory. Are going to be in the same situation like many European countries where our poplaution will be going down in the future?

If anyone knows any web sites where I can find out this info , would you please give it to me? Or if you knwo the some or all of the answers to my questions would you please tell me? Thankyou

One can sense that the US young culture is alive and dominant. They dictate everything in the American culture. Just look at the list of films in the top 10. Which music sells more - pop or serious?
What clothes are styled for, etc., etc. We are youth oriented.

Joe

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Joe, though you are right there is one big exception -- voter perticipation. Unfrotunately, the young just don't vote!!!

As to the statistics, getting it from the census.gov (estimates, in millions, rounded):

Under 5 years 20
5 to 9 years 20
10 to 14 years 21
15 to 19 years 19
20 to 24 years 19
25 to 34 years 39
35 to 44 years 44
45 to 54 years 40
55 to 59 years 15
60 to 64 years 12
65 to 74 years 18
75 to 84 years 12
85 years and over 3

So actually the largest portions are 25-54. Hmmm, that covers both me AND my parents!!!