New blades, MK Phantom Special | Golden Skate

New blades, MK Phantom Special

Skatergirl13

Rinkside
Ok well today my coach Lee came up to me while i was skating (and of course she caught me landing on my rear end as i was attempting an Axel), and she told me that she had been looking at my blades and that i really needed new ones because i was going to get hurt trying to jump in my current blades. And so she went to her bag and brought forth a pair of MK Phantom Specials. I was shocked. Well she took my boots and gave them to this guy so he can put the blades on. I'm getting them back on Wednesday. There way more advanced than my old blades and im worried that im gonna fall on my face like 100 times trying to get used to them. Will they help me skate better? (sorry im really clueless about these things lol) Thanks :biggrin:

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
I don't have MK's but from my experience, good and well sharpened blades make a huge difference. I had a really old warn down pair of blades and I got stuck on my 2S, as soon as I got new blades and a decent sharpening, I landed it the first session. If they're really different from your old blades, it might take a session to get used to but it will be worth falling a couple extra times on the first session. Just watch out for the rocker, if they're more advance than your old blades it might be more extreme and face plants hurt.;)

Skatergirl13

Rinkside
Thanks, im still a bit scared of falling, but ive fallen heaps of times before lol so i shouldnt be so worried. :biggrin:

Skatergirl13

Rinkside
Yep I got them mounted yesterday, and I cant believe the difference! So easy to adjust to, and for the first time ever, i can actually spin! They are fantastic, im thrilled with them :clap:

vlaurend

Final Flight
Yep I got them mounted yesterday, and I cant believe the difference! So easy to adjust to, and for the first time ever, i can actually spin! They are fantastic, im thrilled with them :clap:

That's awesome!! Just remember, with the rounder rocker you'll probably have to really point the toes of your takeoff foot now when you take off on your axel. But when you do, you should get more height! :)