Michael Weiss' Freedom Blades | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Michael Weiss' Freedom Blades

S

SkateFan4Life

Since when has Michael Weiss won a World title? He has two World bronze medals, but no silver or gold medals at Worlds.

I'm sure he's being paid a hefty fee to use the Freedom Blades. Certainly, he's entitled to stretch himself artistically by using this equipment, if he chooses to do so. However, I just don't see anything "artistic" about the usage of these blades.

Just my two cents, of course.

Moto Guzzi

Spectator
Mike won the Junior World title.

For all the hype about the Freedom blades when he first started wearing them, he hasn't developed many innovative things on them. Mostly he seems to do the heel spread eagle and a lunge.

Linny

Final Flight
Innovations on Blades

When Mike won his first National Title, I was in awe of his fine physique. Most men in figure skating don't have such nice upper body development. Oh yeah, I also liked his skating <blush>.

When Mike came back from an injury too soon and had a total melt down at Cup of Russian, I was embarrassed that he represented USA and wished for him to just go away. It was his skating, or lack thereof, that made me a non-fan. Had nothing to do with anything he said or didn't say off the ice.

At Worlds in Washington DC, the atmosphere was charged. Mike had a lot of fans, since the locale was so close to his home. And he fared well in the qualifying round... so he took the ice in his SP to amazing applause. Regardless of how I'd felt about him previously, at that moment in time I was swept up in the general enthusiasm for him. His music was exciting, his costume was modern, his speed was impressive.

Then came that big fall on the triple lutz. He was so out of control going into that jump. Now, I wish he'd just go away. The let down is too much to take.

Linny