Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: TV and Webcast of Courchevel JGP

  1. #1
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,429

    TV and Webcast of Courchevel JGP

    The French federation site's event page for Courchevel mentions there is LIVE TV / Internet coverage on Saturday of the Men's FS, which starts at 12:15 CET/6:15 am U.S. Eastern time and is scheduled to go until 16:00 CET.

    This was added on the site today: "The Icedance free skating and the gala will be broadcast Wednesday, September 3rd at 16h pm in the same link."

    Here's the link to the French fed. event page for the Courchevel JGP: [url]http://www.ffsg.org/courchevel_jr_2008/courchevel_jr2008_infos.html[/url]
    The blue "DIRECT ICI" link opens up Windows Media Player.

    Looks like no ladies' coverage, though.

  2. #2
    Custom Title Joesitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    20,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    The French federation site's event page for Courchevel mentions there is LIVE TV / Internet coverage on Saturday of the Men's FS, which starts at 12:15 CET/6:15 am U.S. Eastern time and is scheduled to go until 16:00 CET.

    This was added on the site today: "The Icedance free skating and the gala will be broadcast Wednesday, September 3rd at 16h pm in the same link."

    Here's the link to the French fed. event page for the Courchevel JGP: [url]http://www.ffsg.org/courchevel_jr_2008/courchevel_jr2008_infos.html[/url]
    The blue "DIRECT ICI" link opens up Windows Media Player.

    Looks like no ladies' coverage, though.
    I guess this is better than nothing. Icenetwork didn't mention individual GPs, just the Finals.

    We don't have the Schedule of Events, so maybe the Ladies will come later, but I am most interested in Dance. The French always come up with a good dance. team. and the Shibutani/s will be here.

  3. #3
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    714
    Whatever happened to the dance and EX coverage? I think i read something about technical difficulites yesterday. Were the programs ever shown?

  4. #4
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    Whatever happened to the dance and EX coverage? I think i read something about technical difficulites yesterday. Were the programs ever shown?
    From the [URL="http://www.ffsg.org/courchevel_jr_2008/courchevel_jr2008_infos.html"]FFSG website[/URL]

    RETROUVEZ LA REDIFFUSION DU LIBRE DANSE ET LE GALA LE SAMEDI 6 SEPTEMBRE A 14H PENDANT 24H EN CLIQUANT SUR CE LIEN : VIDEO
    The free dance and the gala will be available from the FFSG link on Saturday the 6th of September at 2 pm (CET) and for 24 hours.
    I'm not sure if it will be broadcasted in continuous loop during 24 hours or if it will be on demand for 24 hours.


    EDIT : Orange Sports TV talks about the 7th (tomorrow, same hour) for the broadcast while the FFSG still speaks about the 6th.

    Wait and see.
    Last edited by Nmsis; 09-06-2008 at 05:38 AM.

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,044
    Saw the dance.
    Highlights for me were Baturintseva/Volobuiev, the Shibutanis and Findlay/Richaud.

    Shibutanis were extremely polished! Awesome twizzles and lovely lines. Great performance, though not crazy about their music. I'm still concerned about Maia's size, though.

    Baturintseva/Volobuiev were a really nice find. They're young (14/17) and have tons of potential. Really nice chemistry. Improved their PB by like 10 points so kudos to them.

    Findlay/Richaud were great for such a new team. The most fun dance of the night I like Juniors because they tend to be more original than Seniors and it's definitely true for this team. They were a tad sloppy but hid it well with their choice of FD.

    I was disappointed by Ralph/Hill. I really enjoyed their programs last year but their FD today was boring and generic. They were another team who seemed sloppy as well.

  6. #6
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmsis View Post
    From the [URL="http://www.ffsg.org/courchevel_jr_2008/courchevel_jr2008_infos.html"]FFSG website[/URL]

    The free dance and the gala will be available from the FFSG link on Saturday the 6th of September at 2 pm (CET) and for 24 hours.
    I'm not sure if it will be broadcasted in continuous loop during 24 hours or if it will be on demand for 24 hours.
    The gala is nearing its end right now and then the free dance event should come around again. It's been a treat to watch online today!

    The direct URL is:

    mms://livewm.orange.fr/direct-evenementiels

    which you can copy and paste into your video browser of choice (Windows Media Player, Real Payer, etc.)

  7. #7
    L'art pour l'art Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,752
    Loved the Gala, they made it into a spectacle, with interviews, live-singers...

    Préaubert looked very good, loved it. He skated to Summertime by Gershwin and I found out that if you take away the small funny gestures and, well, the Préaubert-goofiness, you get a skater that skates a bit like Verner. Préaubert interpreted the music nicely, the jumps he did looked very solid. The costume was a bit - strange. I would love it if he had a good season - or at least a few good competitions - for once. He is definitely one of a long line of French male skaters who struggle with inconsistence (strangely enough, the one who skates the least French, Joubert - has not much troubles with inconsistence).

    I think Brezina had problems with the spotlights, but I enjoyed his James-Blunt-routine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •