Hooray!! The season starts in 3 days!! | Golden Skate

Hooray!! The season starts in 3 days!!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The Courchevel event of the Junior Grand Prix starts in three (count them 1 2 3) days!

Those colors are supposed to be bronze, gold and silver, even though they don't exactly look like them :)

Of course, the details of the event, and I hope reports and youtube links from people who go to see it, should be posted in the Junior Grand Prix folder. But I just can't help proposing a little celebration that the long summer season is over, and the 2008 2009 season is

let's have a little drumroll

nearly here

:party::party::party2:

What are you looking forward to most in this season?

Last edited:

merrybari

Final Flight
I'm looking forward to seeing the new programs - most especially Evan's. I'm a long time fan - as you've no doubt figured out by now - and am really impressed that he'd go so far as to "reinvent" his skating :agree: when conventional wisdom would say "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Also, he has me really intriqued when he says his costumes are like nothing he's ever worn before. I thought his Billie Jean costume was delightfully different so I'm wondering what can be more different than that one. :scratch:

I really admire his willingness to push himself to step outside his comfort zone and continually look to improve and enhance what he already has. :clap:

Same can be said for some others this season - it promises to be a real barnburner! Bring it on!!! :party2:

Well, the season is opening with Juniors, and I am looking forward to youtube postings to catch some of these budding champions. Hopefully, IceNetwork will show some of them and especially the Finals. I was amazed how much Rachael Flatt had improved.

My Questions and Comments for Courchevel

1,Will my favorite for the whole of Juniors - Michal Brezina (Czech) win it? or will America's Mahbanoozadeh rise to the occasion?

2. Will Kristine Musademba (US) do a clean skate? I do not know Bereswill, or the Canadians: McCulloch and Szmiett.

3. I really don't know these dancers except for the Sibutani's and I think they can win it.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
In Junior Dance, I'm definitely looking forward to the Shibutanis and to Mysliveckova and Novak. I also want to see what the Hubbells have come up with this year, and I want to see the new Russian teams. At least one of them is bound to be Fabulous. :love: I'm also looking forward to Agafanova & Dun, but haven't seen them scheduled for any event yet, only as alternates . :fingerscrossed:

The pairs at Nebelhorn are going to be amazing, but it's a little unfair to people trying to qualify for later events to have to compete against S&S and V&M, I must say.

And I want to see the Finnish girls at Nebelhorn, for sure.

lmarie086

Medalist
Definitely looking forward to the Shibutanis and the Hubbells-both have become quick favorites of mine. Also, like Joesitz, I'm looking forward to what Michal Brezina will do this season, and hope it is a successful one for him.

I can't wait to see all the new programs, costumes, and changes that have arisen due to coach changes. I think this promises to be a very exciting season.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
When is the first senior event. are we going to get a cheesefest this year, or have the networks even removed those?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I suppose Nebelhorn would be considered the first real senior event.

It starts September 25th.

The first Senior Grand Prix event is Skate America. It starts October 23rd.

The only cheesefest I've heard of this season is the crazy team version in the spring.