Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Are You a Sasha Cohen fan?

elingrace4eva

Are You a Sasha Cohen fan?

I'm just curious...I am (obviously), and since we had the one about Michelle, I was wondering how everyone felt about Sasha.:rolleyes:

Germanice

Are You a Sasha Cohen fan?

Not yet, but I could become one ... I like her skating, but also her catty/"edgy" personality. She's far away from being "perfect", but she has temper and blood in her veins (... is it true she has Russian- or Ukrain ancestors? Aww, that's why!). Ladies skating desperately needs more real "types" like her!

Anke

Lucy25

Re: Are You a Sasha Cohen fan?

She's not my favorite, but there are a lot of qualities about her skating that I really like.

Joesitz

Do I consider Sasha Cohen a top skater whom I particularly like? Of course, and I think she has a vast majority of GS posters who like her too.

Am I a fan. No, I only have two of whom I consider that I am a fan.

Lanechka

Sasha is one of my favorite ladies skaters.

THIZfiyaVIETgrl

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>She's far away from being "perfect", but she has temper and blood in her veins (... is it true she has Russian- or Ukrain ancestors? Aww, that's why!). [/quote]

Her mother is Ukrainian...and Tatiana Tarsova is milking it for all it's worth...

I appreciate her skating and feistyness, but not a fan yet.

Glacierskater

I enjoy Sasha'a skating. She is style, grace, and elegance, and passion all in one package. I wish her great success.

RealtorGal

<span style="colorurple;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">She is personality PLUS on and off the ice. I love watching her gorgeous skating. BTW, she is Mr. RealtorGal's favorite skater.</span>

Custom Title

Re: Sasha

I appreciate her skating. But not her fan yet.

For a skater I'm a fan. I would following whatever events she/he is in and tape the competetion so that I can watch again and again.

For a skater I like her skating. I'll just watch if the tv happen to have her/he skating on. And I wouldn't fast forward whe she/he is skating.

Usually the skaters I like are the competetitors to my favorator and sometimes I repeatedly watch them too, only to compare (tech, pres wide) them to my favorators.

patrickbrunk

I hate her skating and personality, with a passion.

Emerald2000

No, I'm not a fan. She's a pretty skater, and I loved her Romeo & Juliet exhibition, but she has yet to win me over. (Her less-than-spectacular PR and wacky fans contribute much to this.)

sk8ing lady2001

I am a Sasha fan, and very much so. Her skating is wonderful, at least in my opinion! This is not a bash, but she could be nicer as a person also.

BronzeisGolden02

Sasha

I enjoy Sasha because she has so many wonderful positions and such great speed in her spins. The main thing I'd like to see from her is a greater sense of freedom...I want to see her skate with abandon and joy. She seems to be either trying far too hard or holding back. It will come together for her I'm sure and I definitely want to see that. As far as her personality goes, it has entertained me thus far. She's fiesty and confident and that will serve her well. The only incident I can recall that troubled me was at this year's Worlds. After her freeskate she made several comments about the ice conditions (ruts, etc.). She made mistakes. She should have just left it at that. Five other skaters used the same ice surface, including one right after her, and had nothing to say about it. If she can be humble and skate with undeniable heart I see myself becoming a Sasha Cohen fan in the very near future.

GoldElephant

No, I'm not a fan.

Custom Title

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>The main thing I'd like to see from her is a greater sense of freedom...I want to see her skate with abandon and joy. [/quote]

One needs to have VERY secure edge to achieve this. When a skater dosn't heve the secure edge he/she most likely worrie about the slip.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast