Are You a Sasha Cohen fan? | Golden Skate

Are You a Sasha Cohen fan?

E

elingrace4eva

I'm just curious...I am (obviously), and since we had the one about Michelle, I was wondering how everyone felt about Sasha.:rolleyes:

G

Germanice

Not yet, but I could become one ... I like her skating, but also her catty/"edgy" personality. She's far away from being "perfect", but she has temper and blood in her veins (... is it true she has Russian- or Ukrain ancestors? Aww, that's why!). Ladies skating desperately needs more real "types" like her!

Anke

L

Lucy25

Re: Are You a Sasha Cohen fan?

She's not my favorite, but there are a lot of qualities about her skating that I really like.

J

Joesitz

Do I consider Sasha Cohen a top skater whom I particularly like? Of course, and I think she has a vast majority of GS posters who like her too.

Am I a fan. No, I only have two of whom I consider that I am a fan.

L

Lanechka

Sasha is one of my favorite ladies skaters. :)

T

THIZfiyaVIETgrl

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>She's far away from being "perfect", but she has temper and blood in her veins (... is it true she has Russian- or Ukrain ancestors? Aww, that's why!). [/quote]

Her mother is Ukrainian...and Tatiana Tarsova is milking it for all it's worth...

I appreciate her skating and feistyness, but not a fan yet.

G

Glacierskater

I enjoy Sasha'a skating. She is style, grace, and elegance, and passion all in one package. I wish her great success.

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:purple;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">She is personality PLUS on and off the ice. I love watching her gorgeous skating. BTW, she is Mr. RealtorGal's favorite skater.</span>

mzheng

Record Breaker
Re: Sasha

I appreciate her skating. But not her fan yet.

For a skater I'm a fan. I would following whatever events she/he is in and tape the competetion so that I can watch again and again.

For a skater I like her skating. I'll just watch if the tv happen to have her/he skating on. And I wouldn't fast forward whe she/he is skating.

Usually the skaters I like are the competetitors to my favorator and sometimes I repeatedly watch them too, only to compare (tech, pres wide) them to my favorators.

P

patrickbrunk

I hate her skating and personality, with a passion.

E

Emerald2000

No, I'm not a fan. She's a pretty skater, and I loved her Romeo & Juliet exhibition, but she has yet to win me over. (Her less-than-spectacular PR and wacky fans contribute much to this.)

S

sk8ing lady2001

I am a Sasha fan, and very much so. Her skating is wonderful, at least in my opinion! This is not a bash, but she could be nicer as a person also. :)

B

BronzeisGolden02

Sasha

I enjoy Sasha because she has so many wonderful positions and such great speed in her spins. The main thing I'd like to see from her is a greater sense of freedom...I want to see her skate with abandon and joy. She seems to be either trying far too hard or holding back. It will come together for her I'm sure and I definitely want to see that. As far as her personality goes, it has entertained me thus far. She's fiesty and confident and that will serve her well. The only incident I can recall that troubled me was at this year's Worlds. After her freeskate she made several comments about the ice conditions (ruts, etc.). She made mistakes. She should have just left it at that. Five other skaters used the same ice surface, including one right after her, and had nothing to say about it. If she can be humble and skate with undeniable heart I see myself becoming a Sasha Cohen fan in the very near future.

mzheng

Record Breaker

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>The main thing I'd like to see from her is a greater sense of freedom...I want to see her skate with abandon and joy. [/quote]

One needs to have VERY secure edge to achieve this. When a skater dosn't heve the secure edge he/she most likely worrie about the slip.

K

Kara Bear

<span style="color:purple;font-size:medium;"><strong>YES YES YES I AM A FAN!</strong></span>

And this is why:
For as long as I can remember I have wanted to be a skater. With almost every note of music I hear I imagine skating to it. Sasha is the closest skater I've found who skates the way I do in my mind...the way I always wished I could.

S

stilldizzy7

I'm a huge fan of Sasha Cohen. Love her grace, stretch, pointed toes. Sasha is a unique skater with a style of her own and the most beautiful positions of any skater ever, IMHO.

What she needs to beat the competition is to stay on her feet.

Dizzy

L

LAVENDER

Like her skating but not a fan. I like the feistiness in her but something about her rubs me the wrong way. I don’t know what it is but I hope that it changes because I do enjoy her skating. She leaves me cold 95% of the time but I appreciate her skating. The only time she moved me was with her RJ exhibition at one of those fluff competitions and when she was skating for the love of skating in ’00 at Nationals. She had a freedom then but now it’s more about winning. She was just so adorable in 2000.

I'd put her in the category with Maria and Tara.