Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Yagudin charged with DUI

Master Procrastinator

Yagudin charged with DUI

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wi...-regional-wire
    :( I hate to see this for anyone!!

A 2003 Mercedes! The police love to stop upscale cars.

Poor Yags. I hope he's not going the way of Oksana. Olympic Gold and then unable to cope with success.

It's very close to Campbells and I'd hate to see him under trained after all that surgery and rehab he went through.

Good luck, Yags.

Joe

Rinkside
    OMG!

Buttle "Catch The Victory" ~ Torino 2006

WOW !! That is really too bad and its unfortante that it had happened to him. I really do hope he learns a hard lesson by this and that it doesn't happen again !!

Fan for Life
    What was he thinking????????????????

Why does anyone drink and drive... that is the real question. Silly mistake that unfortunately too many people make :(

Skater Girl
    That's horrible. Things like that make me lose respect for a person. :/

Custom Title
    I can't say that I'm totally surprised. I thought, however, that he had straightened himself out after getting kicked off the COI Tour a few years ago.

Custom Title
    How sad. I don't lose respect as much as I feel sympathy for him. I know he had drinking issues before with the COI tour. This seems to be a problem and there must be some factors that drive him towards this. It's so easy to see him as the wonderful artist that made his dream come true...but sometimes other issues come along with being a "sensitive" artist. Often such people come from a troubled past. I hope he finds a better way to deal with and manage whatever emotional pain it is that drives him to drink. He seems like such a special person and I think he'll find his way through this without any problem at all.

NM Pinon Picker
    No excuse for this behavior! If I'm not mistaken, he had a simular drinking problem with COI earlier in his career. Such a shame... He is a role model for many young people and he let them down by a poor decision. I wonder how the Russian Federation will view this. They viewed the last drinking incident poorly.

Eville Eastern Bloc Poster
    He is (and remains) my favourite skater, but what an i-d-i-o-t !!! And a pretty "lucky" one, I'm just glad nothing worse happend and nobody (including him) was hurt. Hope he gets some help and finally learns his lesson.

Anke

Custom Title
    There is no excuse for DUI.

What's so hard to understand about "If you are going to drink, DON'T DRIVE?"

Thank God no one was hurt or killed.

Sally

Gold Medalist
    WHoa! I didn't expect this!

I'm very disappointed. :o And no, I am not sorry that he got caught. I hate having drunk people with me on the road, and the more get caught the better for all of us. For them, too.

That said, his earlier "similar drinking problem with COI" wasn't at all similar. He had a beer in a bar when he wasn't 21 (he was 18, I think). I was 20 when I wanted to have a beer at a bar in the States. I couldn't, and believe me, it is a little strange (and hard to believe, "you can vote, get married, but you can't have a beer?") to someone who comes from a country when you can drink legally at 16.

Custom Title
    Hey everybody - hang on a minute!!!

I totally agree with all those who say that Yags was being very stupid and what he did was irresponsible!

But still - being caught while driving after you've had some alcohol does NOT mean that you've got a drinking problem. Don't get me wrong, please, I don't mean to excuse what he did. But this doesn't make him an alcoholic, so please let's not treat him like an one.
    And please, COI was back in 1999, he was still quite new in the US, and the Russian drinking tradition is very different from the American one. If he really had a serious problem, there would have been more scandals ever since (and you can be sure the media would have been delighted to tell us), and an alcoholic is not able to skate that well over such a long time.
    Last edited by Lisa; 09-01-2003 at 09:52 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast