Mirai Nagasu: Simply Mirai-culous | Golden Skate

Mirai Nagasu: Simply Mirai-culous

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mirai Nagasu, who turned 15 in April, surprised the nation again this year when she defeated the favorites, 2006 World champion Kimmie Meissner and 2007 Junior World champion Caroline Zhang, to win the U.S. senior ladies gold medal. [More]

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the link. Mirai sound ready for the new season. I can't wait to see this talented young lady's programs

Last edited:
I love all the details that Barry Mittan is able to get in his interviews.

Beautiful picture, too. :clap:

So, will Mirai be THE ONE?

KeineZeite

Rinkside
"Mirai can add a triple toe or a triple loop to every triple she does," Wong continued. "Anything that she masters in practice, she wants to put in a program the next time. She also likes to watch and learn from other skaters - especially those that skate with precision. It inspires her."[/B][/URL]]

:clap:Thanks for the link. She is truly challenging and her attitude is simply "Mirai-culous", isn't it?

She trains on ice for two hours a day, six days a week plus a few hours of off ice work.

Isn't 2 hours/day on ice training too short as a top-skater?
I wonder if she has a dificulty to juggle the training with her academic work.

I know it depends, but how many hours a day do elite skaters practice on/off ice in general?

AwesomeIce

Match Penalty
Mirai-culous?:rofl::rofl::rofl: That's the corniest name pun I've ever heard! Poor girl, I'm going to be snickering every time I hear her name announced!