U.S. TV schedule for 2008-2009 Skating Season | Page 2 | Golden Skate

U.S. TV schedule for 2008-2009 Skating Season

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Breaking news, everybody: IceNetwork's doing everything. Grand Prixs, Finale,(including junior competition), Europeans and Four Continents. Great news for people who have the bandwidth to stream it. Very bad news for those who don't(they'll start pulling YouTube footage too, remember.)

beep_beep

Medalist
Breaking news, everybody: IceNetwork's doing everything. Grand Prixs, Finale,(including junior competition), Europeans and Four Continents. Great news for people who have the bandwidth to stream it. Very bad news for those who don't(they'll start pulling YouTube footage too, remember.)
true, indeed, true...
but there's some stuff of junior worlds lurking around, there could be hope...

I'm just wondering if they'll do live streams outside the US. Because having to pay to watch the event and not being able to watch it live will be a bummer for me

waxel

Final Flight
The article said some ISU events will be aired live and on-demand. I'm not sure how it will work- they've probably bought feeds from foreign networks- can't imagine they'd have the budget to send their own crews to film.

Wow, this is interesting news. I will have to invest in a more comfortable chair for my computer station.

McWicked

On the Ice

I dont know if this' too shockin to say, but my cousin just had an orgasm readin that!!! Best News EVER!!!!!!!! :agree:

Be sure to check the dates for you to watch from Japan and China and times of the events for all of them. We will be a sleepy eyed group.

Best thing for me is I will save money in travelling,

for those who do not have the proper computer technology, check with someone who knows what the best approach is in getter the proper technology. IceNetwork itself does not charge much and you get all that gossip all year.

R.D.

Record Breaker
That is great news that they are expanding their coverage. The end of TV does not mean the end of coverage!

I notice there is a glaring omission, however; I don't see anything about 2009 Worlds. I hope that's not true because otherwise all the coverage we'll get is what NBC decides to show us (admittedly, I'm more concerned about live coverage than comprehensive coverage, though).

I would not be surprised if the subscription fee goes up...they could be charging a monthly fee instead of a season fee.

Last edited:

KayMil01

On the Ice
Man, I'm so sad...I might have been willing to pay the subscription fee on Ice Network, but my internet connection isn't fast enough :(:(

There's YouTube, but alot of things get pulled from there right away...

Sigh...

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I just hope Icenetwork does not copyright every event so we can't even watch them on YouTube. I guess if that happens I will have to get icenetwork. the only reason I have not as of yet is that there is just so much good stuff on ice network, I will never get any work done!

penguin girl

Rinkside
I just hope Icenetwork does not copyright every event so we can't even watch them on YouTube. I guess if that happens I will have to get icenetwork. the only reason I have not as of yet is that there is just so much good stuff on ice network, I will never get any work done!

You can say that again. I think my dh hates Ice Network cause I'm always on the computer when he wants it!

I was able to secure a copy of the Cleveland schedule. among other things:

Thursday - Ladies Short at 7:25
Friday - Men's Short at 7:25

Saturday - Group 1 of Free Dance and Free Pairs at 11:25am
Group 2 of Free Dance and Free Pairs at 3:15pm

Saturday - Championship Ladies Free Skate - at 7pm

Sunday - Championship Men's Free Skate - at 2pm

Sunday - The Spectacular at 7pm

I presume the spectacular will be edited and taped for a later showing.

Two groups of Dance and Pairs??? I would have thought there would be 2 groups of Ladies, but no!

So NBC has the Ladies in Prime Time on a Saturday Night. I wonder what else will be shown on TV?
Will the Men be LIVE and taped for later showing?

Enough of my cynicism: 1. Only two Ladies to skate Worlds, I think. Which two do you like? 2. Johnny and Evan and WHO?? 3. B&A, D&W, S&B. Pick your choice. . I&B, C&O, V&T, E&L, N&L, McL/B. Wow the US does have a lot of senior pairs. How many can qualify for Worlds? I forget.

Doesn't all that get you excited and JGPs are already in full swing.

More about Juniors and Novice tomorrow. I'm sleepy.

merrybari

Final Flight
I was able to secure a copy of the Cleveland schedule. among other things:

Thursday - Ladies Short at 7:25
Friday - Men's Short at 7:25

Saturday - Group 1 of Free Dance and Free Pairs at 11:25am
Group 2 of Free Dance and Free Pairs at 3:15pm

Saturday - Championship Ladies Free Skate - at 7pm

Sunday - Championship Men's Free Skate - at 2pm

Sunday - The Spectacular at 7pm

I presume the spectacular will be edited and taped for a later showing.

IIRC this pretty much mirrors what was done last year for the championship weekend packages.

I do believe we will have only two pairs for Worlds.

Binthere

On the Ice
I hope some network (TV... ice....) carries more than just cursory content from the Grand Prix finals this year. The combining of senior and junior potentially makes for a fascinating event... the present... and the future... plenty of fodder for story lines there, I would think...

NanTheSkateFan

Spectator
New Member & Televised Coverage

Hello Group,
I am a new member of this forum and I have enjoyed reading all of your posts. Like yourself, I am upset that there is so little US televised coverage of international competitions like TEB, COR, COC, GPF, Euros. Is there anything we can do as a group? Maybe we can send letters expressing our dismay over the lack of TV coverage?
I just joined FIOS with the goal of watching all the ice skating this year....
Nan

lcd

Match Penalty
Hello Group,
IMaybe we can send letters expressing our dismay over the lack of TV coverage?

I knew someone who worked with CBS sports back in the late 80s when they had coverage of Worlds in Cincinnatti (sp?)_... the rule of thumb they used was, for every one letter they received, it implied at least 500 viewers felt that way.

This was before email of course... so don't know what the metrics are now, but ... GO FOR IT!

Last edited by a moderator: