Most charismatic skater .... | Golden Skate

Most charismatic skater ....

G

Germanice

Most charismatic skater ....

.... no matter what "charisma" actually means ... :lol: OK, there are only five options, and these are the most "charismatic" skaters in my book, so prove me totally wrong if you like, I guess Miss- or Mr. "Other" will win the whole thing by a countrymile!

Anke

J

Joesitz

Re: Most charismatic skater ....

Can't do it unless you define charisma. I am sure the selections will be based on personal favorites which may not even be charasmatic for the poster.

Joe

S

sk8ing lady2001

Re: Most charismatic skater ....

Miss Cohen, no doubt, for me. :)

G

Germanice

Re: Let's try to describe charisma ....

OK, "charisma" in my book is ... the unbelievable "presence" of a certain person and in this particular case the presence on ice, of course, a special something, a kinda natural magic this person is able to create. This magic works almost all the time, even during an only mediocre performance/program, and - most of all!!! - in front of almost every arena. When this particular person skates, it's impossible to do something else or take a fridge break, no matter if you like it or not.

Plushenko is a good example; I think his costumes, the music cuts and the choreography are still kinda horrible - but there's something special about this
guy - I simply love the way he moves, I love the way he acts. I always felt entertained by him, I realize what a rough diamond he is, even though Yags is my fave and (still!!!) nobody doesn't touch me like him.

Lulu is the opposite ... she's one of my favourite female skaters of all times and many of her eligible programs were the best one's by a Lady ever, on the other hand I'd never call her "charismatic", not even in her glory days. But some of her performances were - at least - magical ...

But I guess there's no final explanation for the term "charisma", for being "charismatic", or not, like many other things before that has been disucssed here it's in the eye of the beholder .... ;)

Anke

J

Joesitz

Yup. The definition is directly concerned with your favorite. In that case, for me, it's MK and KB.

Should be no arguments here, the charisma is in the poster's eye.

Joe

S

SHINE2002

Stephane Lambiel. OMG. SO. MUCH. CHARM. Does not even need to work at it. And he is only 17! OMG!

M

mathman444

For the men, I think the most charasmatic guy is Vakhtang Murvanidze. He goes out there like he owns the ice, the arena, and the Zamboni, too.

For the ladies (dance), I always liked Barbara Fusar-Poli. She's a skater that is impossible to ignore.

Also in the running: Jamie Sale, Nicole Bobek and Katarina Witt.

But I like Germanice's distiction between "charasmatic" and "magical," ala Lu Chen. My favorite skater is Michelle Kwan. She never demands attention, yet you can't keep your eyes off her. Whether in competition, exhibition performance, warm-up, practice, public appearance or merely walking down the street, there's just something about her presence that bespeaks total enchantment.

Mathman

Last edited by a moderator:

NanSinger2

On the Ice
Most charismatic skater...

For me, there is something about Yags and Plushy...they bring their whole personality to ice, almost every time.

I have to say though...that when Michelle brings her fire, look out! I can watch her over and over and over.

That being said...T&D are another example of who I can watch over and over.

The new season needs to hurry up and start!

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I seem to be missing the actual poll here! Oh, I guess all old polls disappeared on the new board! :eek:

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Kurt Browning, Katarina Witt, Jamie Sale & David Pelletier(also Tuffy Hough & Doug Ladret), and Shae & Vic(also Tanith & Ben)