Cast of SOI - 2003-2004 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Cast of SOI - 2003-2004

Blade1

On the Ice
SOI Cast is always changing. And nothing is etched in stone until SOI does an Official Release of cast members, which would be posted on their Official Site.

My opinion about "fresh new skaters" joining SOI, alot of skaters currently in the amature field who have been there for a long time probably find there is more money involed there right now than becoming a proffesional skaters and touring. I ask myself all the time as to why Elvis is back. I mean don't get me wrong, I love Elvis, and a huge fan, but either Skate Canada was really desperate or he wanted to come back for the money because there wasn't alot of opportunites for him as a professional skater.

I look forward to SOI each and ever year. And living in Canada I have to wait to see SOI really late in the year. And even then the cast is always changing.

berthes ghost

Final Flight
"I mean don't get me wrong, I love Elvis, and a huge fan, but either Skate Canada was really desperate or he wanted to come back for the money because there wasn't alot of opportunites for him as a professional skater."

What money?

As far as I know, prize money only goes to the podium. With the way things have been the last few years, I don't think that he can count on too many of those.

I believe that some events offer appearance fees, but how many will really woo Elvis at this point in his career? SC yes, but would SA or COR really pay for him when they could spend the money on Tim or Plushy?

I always thought that skaters made most of their money with endorsement fees. Well, he's as famous as he's gonna get and he can get endorsement money if pro or not.

Once you add up the trainer fees, ice fees, travel fees, etc...will he really be pulling in that much cash?

I think that it was just a lifestyle change. Elvis has always struck me a someone who did things his way, no matter what. In fact, IIRC, Orser and Browning all but came out and called him foolishly stubborn.

Yazmeen

On the Ice
One issue has not been addressed: Can it be assumed that Tara Lipinski's contract has not been renewed in any manner? I have assumed this because of her hip injury, but nothing seems to have been actually stated.

Blade1

On the Ice
berthes ghost said:
What money?
As far as I know, prize money only goes to the podium. With the way things have been the last few years, I don't think that he can count on too many of those.

Opps I didn't relize that my post never did get posted. So I will edit and report.

berthes ghost I have to say that you do make alot of great points, and well maybe its not the money. When I first read this thread about SOI, and talk about other skaters out there who COULD join the tour, Elvis just came to mind. I think Elvis only toured with SOI once throughout his career, and he was just a "special guest" skater at the time. Oh and that was on during the Canadian leg of the tour, I believe the year was 1993 !

Last edited:

Jhar55

Medalist
With the ticket price at $83 for the good seats there is no way I'd shell out that much for the cast they have. The only one I'd care to see is Todd. And it's not like they are coming to the Nashville area again this year, SOI has been here in two years. Sorry but for me SOI just doesn't have it anymore.:eek:

Blade1

On the Ice
Jhar55 said:
With the ticket price at $83 for the good seats there is no way I'd shell out that much for the cast they have. The only one I'd care to see is Todd. And it's not like they are coming to the Nashville area again this year, SOI has been here in two years. Sorry but for me SOI just doesn't have it anymore.:eek:

Yowzers !! Well I'd pay $83 to see SOI than COI. And from what I hear COI is pretty costly as well. The last COI show I saw, I was disapointed. Disapointed in the show and just thought it wasn't worth the amount I paided to see the show. At least when I go to SOI I get a variety with the group numbers as well as solo numbers.

amykaren

On the Ice
Is Tara out because of her hip? I am suprised she is not back again this year.

The last two years the ticket prices got so expensive that I had to decide between SOI and COI, and I chose SOI because they have fresher talent. I did feel however that last year they were lacking single ladies skaters and the show suffered from it. I am so glad that they chose to take Yuka back!

Alos, I am concerned for Alexei-with him competing and doing SOI. (Esp. since he had a DUI-is he really handling it all?). How much pressure can one person take? I hope we see him take some time for himself, and his training. Last year at the SOI show watching Alexei skate made me uncomfortable. He looked very unhappy.

Yup, I will still go this year. I love Todd Eldredge, and Meno & Sand always have great numbers. Are Ina & Zimmerman back again?

amykaren

On the Ice
Thanks, Blade1. I was really impressed with them last year. I even bought a picture of them and hung it in my bedroom. They are technically brillant and have such unique style. I really love some of the original moves that they do.

Blade1

On the Ice
amykaren said:
Thanks, Blade1. I was really impressed with them last year. I even bought a picture of them and hung it in my bedroom. They are technically brillant and have such unique style. I really love some of the original moves that they do.

Your very welcome amykaren. I too purchased the autograph photo of I&Z at SOI from their Bed Of Roses number. I truly love this team, and was so thrilled they took park in the Canadian leg of the tour. I am hoping they will join the Canadian leg again this year. But as for the US Tour they are ago from what I've read.

I've met both I&Z as well and they are so down to earth. And well that John Zimmerman is really easy on the eyes *heeehee*

:love: