Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: There's Life After Death: IceNetwork to show much skating not shown on TV

Oh I could sing.
    Thank you Icenetwork! And now I must subscribe...

Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I personaly think that the ISU should get it's own online tv channel. That way a) I could see all the figure skating I want b) I wouldn't have to put up with all the dumb commentry I have to on tv

Quote Originally Posted by NatachaHatawa View Post
    Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I personaly think that the ISU should get it's own online tv channel. That way a) I could see all the figure skating I want b) I wouldn't have to put up with all the dumb commentry I have to on tv
    Wasn't there talk awhile ago of an all figure skating all the time channel? Whatever happened to that?

pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    ugh
    geez i hate espn, abc, nbc or whatever......

Quote Originally Posted by alekzu View Post
    You serious? Oh wait... It said it ended 31 august 08 and not 09.... :banging: I knew I was to tired to think straight today.... Ah well. It won't damage my wallet thankfully. I'll see it as my contribution to icenetwork so they can bring people more figure skating.

Btw, what do you mean by confrim with icenetwork that we can watch it?
    I just tried to access the vids from U.S. Nationals and from Skate America and I was asked to renew. So as of September 01, everyone has to renew to able to watch the old videos along with the new ones. Not nice of them with regards to those who recently subscribed. Renewing wasn't really automatic. It just had my credit card information and related stuff saved so I didn't have to retype them. And it was only $14.95. Almost a steal. I say almost because they still have some bugs to work out.

As for confirming that you can watch it, perhaps Sylvia was referring to the icenetwork.com having the broadband rights for the U.S. only. If you live outside of the U.S., you will likely be blacked out. The icenetwork was aggressive about this last season. Even though I live in the U.S., they have accidentally blacked me out on several occasions.

I've been able to watch the old videos. Then again, I haven't really tried to watch any of the competition videos..... Just some intreviews. Should have done that before Aug 31... It still says that the season pass is valid until Aug 31 2008. I won't do anything until I know for sure this is going to work for me. What will I do if it doesn't? I need my figure skating!

Quote Originally Posted by alekzu View Post
    I've been able to watch the old videos. Then again, I haven't really tried to watch any of the competition videos..... Just some intreviews. Should have done that before Aug 31... It still says that the season pass is valid until Aug 31 2008. I won't do anything until I know for sure this is going to work for me. What will I do if it doesn't? I need my figure skating!
    Alexzu - I just got this off of IceNetwork:

http://web.icenetwork.com/events/schedule.jsp?mode=tv

It's lots of NBC non competitive skating. I'm almost certain that there will be schedules for Regionals and Sectionals that will be shown live very soon.
    Last edited by Joesitz; 09-01-2008 at 05:05 PM.

They changed the valid date until sep 30 I see now. Checking the Blackout restrictions page now I see that people worldwide could watch almost everything that was broadcasted on icenetwork last season, except SA and World Junior Champs. Hoping for the same this year. Then again, they didn't show all GP last year did they? Bah.... Ah well, GP is still more than a month away. I can wait for more information.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    I just tried to access the vids from U.S. Nationals and from Skate America and I was asked to renew. So as of September 01, everyone has to renew to able to watch the old videos along with the new ones. Not nice of them with regards to those who recently subscribed. Renewing wasn't really automatic. It just had my credit card information and related stuff saved so I didn't have to retype them. And it was only $14.95. Almost a steal. I say almost because they still have some bugs to work out.
    ChrisH, I'm told this was caused by a technical glitch in their system and that it's been fixed now. I just logged on to check and am able to watch the 2007-08 season videos with my paid subscription from last season. If you just paid another $14.95 yesterday, you should find out if you merit a refund.

As for confirming that you can watch it, perhaps Sylvia was referring to the icenetwork.com having the broadband rights for the U.S. only. If you live outside of the U.S., you will likely be blacked out. The icenetwork was aggressive about this last season. Even though I live in the U.S., they have accidentally blacked me out on several occasions.
    Yes, that's what I meant. Anyone living outside the U.S. should make sure they will be able to access the Grand Prix coverage before they subscribe for the 2008-09 season. The 2008-09 season subscription $$$ details are not yet available and I would imagine that a press release will be issued when a price has been set.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2