There's Life After Death: IceNetwork to show much skating not shown on TV | Page 2 | Golden Skate

There's Life After Death: IceNetwork to show much skating not shown on TV

alekzu

Rinkside
I've been able to watch the old videos. Then again, I haven't really tried to watch any of the competition videos..... Just some intreviews. Should have done that before Aug 31... It still says that the season pass is valid until Aug 31 2008. I won't do anything until I know for sure this is going to work for me. What will I do if it doesn't? I need my figure skating!

I've been able to watch the old videos. Then again, I haven't really tried to watch any of the competition videos..... Just some intreviews. Should have done that before Aug 31... It still says that the season pass is valid until Aug 31 2008. I won't do anything until I know for sure this is going to work for me. What will I do if it doesn't? I need my figure skating!
Alexzu - I just got this off of IceNetwork:

http://web.icenetwork.com/events/schedule.jsp?mode=tv

It's lots of NBC non competitive skating. I'm almost certain that there will be schedules for Regionals and Sectionals that will be shown live very soon.

Last edited:

alekzu

Rinkside
They changed the valid date until sep 30 I see now. Checking the Blackout restrictions page now I see that people worldwide could watch almost everything that was broadcasted on icenetwork last season, except SA and World Junior Champs. Hoping for the same this year. Then again, they didn't show all GP last year did they? Bah.... Ah well, GP is still more than a month away. I can wait for more information.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
I just tried to access the vids from U.S. Nationals and from Skate America and I was asked to renew. So as of September 01, everyone has to renew to able to watch the old videos along with the new ones. Not nice of them with regards to those who recently subscribed. Renewing wasn't really automatic. It just had my credit card information and related stuff saved so I didn't have to retype them. :cool: And it was only $14.95. Almost a steal. I say almost because they still have some bugs to work out.
ChrisH, I'm told this was caused by a technical glitch in their system and that it's been fixed now. I just logged on to check and am able to watch the 2007-08 season videos with my paid subscription from last season. If you just paid another $14.95 yesterday, you should find out if you merit a refund.

As for confirming that you can watch it, perhaps Sylvia was referring to the icenetwork.com having the broadband rights for the U.S. only. If you live outside of the U.S., you will likely be blacked out. The icenetwork was aggressive about this last season. Even though I live in the U.S., they have accidentally blacked me out on several occasions.
Yes, that's what I meant. Anyone living outside the U.S. should make sure they will be able to access the Grand Prix coverage before they subscribe for the 2008-09 season. The 2008-09 season subscription $$$ details are not yet available and I would imagine that a press release will be issued when a price has been set.