Courchevel results | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Courchevel results

Medusa

Record Breaker
I am glad to see that Amodio has planned a senior program - I guess he has a chance to go to Europeans, and the FFSG would probably be more than happy to give him a chance, because Préaubert and Ponsero haven't shown much improvement in the last years. Amodio has already beaten at least one of them in the Free at French Nationals last year as far as I remember. What he needs to do now is check his short program and get the levels up there, the free had good levels but the short...

And Boyadji did a good job too, he also is including the Triple Axel - things are looking bright for the future of the French skating men.

Brezina really looked a bit stiff - I wouldn't read too much into it, it's so early in the season, perhaps it gets better.

And can someone please give Eliot Halverson a Triple Axel? I enjoy watching him skate. What is it with the American Juniors and their Triple Axel, this Armin guy doesn't have one either.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
And can someone please give Eliot Halverson a Triple Axel? I enjoy watching him skate. What is it with the American Juniors and their Triple Axel, this Armin guy doesn't have one either.
Halverson landed a 3A in the Chemnitz JGP last year; the jump isn't included in his programs right now. Mahbanoozadeh has worked on the 3A in practice but is focusing on triple-triples and improving other aspects of his skating. There are other U.S. JGP guys who've landed 3A in competition -- Curran Oi who's scheduled for Merano next week, Richard Dornbush (Mexico City) and Keegan Messing (Ostrava).

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The protocols are up as well. The Czechs got a deduction, so they may have fallen again :(

But they do medal! Congratulations to Alex & Maia, Kharis & Asher, and Lucie and Matej. And also to Terra and Benoit, whose 4th place finish was very, very good for a brand new team, especially when you consider they won the CD & were 3rd in the FD

1 Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI USA 157.84 2 1 1
2 Kharis RALPH / Asher HILL CAN 146.84 4 2 2
3 Lucie MYSLIVECKOVA / Matej NOVAK CZE 139.72 6 3 4
4 Terra FINDLAY / Benoit RICHAUD FRA 136.42 1 11 3
5 Tatiana BATURINTSEVA / Ivan VOLOBUIEV RUS 135.92 7 5 5
6 Elizaveta TCHETINKINA / Denis SMIRNOV RUS 133.12 8 7 6
7 Anastasia VYKHODTSEVA / Alexei SHUMSKI UKR 133.07 5 4 8
8 Charlene GUIGNARD / Guillaume PAULMIER FRA 132.99 3 6 7
9 Chloe WOLF / Rhys AINSWORTH USA 124.43 9 10 9
10 Maja VERMEULEN / Andrew DOLEMAN CAN 123.08 11 9 11
11 Oksana KLIMOVA / Sasha PALOMÄKI FIN 121.36 12 8 12
12 Xueting GUAN / Meng WANG CHN 118.69 14 13 10
13 Anne Sophie BILET / Adrien HAMON FRA 116.57 10 12 14
14 Dora TUROCZI / Balazs MAJOR HUN 110.74 15 14 13
15 Nikola VISNOVA / Lukas CSOLLEY SVK 108.03 13 16 17
16 Ruslana JURCHENKO / Alexander LIUBCHENKO UKR 106.00 17 15 16
17 Dominique DIECK / Michael ZENKNER GER 105.89 16 17 15

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looking at the Ice Dance protocols, I can't help wondering what the Canadian judge was thinking the morning of the CD. Here's how she (Susan Blatz) ranked the skaters by PCS scores:

1 GUIGNARD / PAULMIER
2 BILET / HAMON
3 RALPH / HILL
4 FINDLAY / RICHAUD
4 KLIMOVA/PALOMAKI
6 SHIBUTANI / SHIBUTANI
6 BATURINTSEVA/VOLOBUIEV
8 TCHETINKINA/SMIRNOV
9 MYSLIVECKOVA / NOVAK
10 VERMEULEN/DOLEMAN
11 VYKHODTSEVA / SHUMSKI
12 WOLF/AINSWORTH

Binthere

On the Ice
Protocols show some impressive marks across the board for the Shibutani's and big improvement from Ralph/Hill.

For elements, Shibutanis were the only team with no negative GOEs in both the OD and FD. They had 20 marks of +2 with the next highest being the Czechs Mysliveckova/Novak with 5, then Kharis/Asher, Findlay/Richaud and Baturintseva/Volobuiev who each earned two. Twizzles must have been very strong to earn seven marks of +2. Four judges had all five components at 6.0 or better. In the OD they got a +3 (!) for one of their lifts. Has that happened before in a JGP?

Ralph/Hill had significant improvement in scores compared with Lake Placid. Performances must have been very strong with only the FD twizzles seeming to cause a problem. Strong lift GOEs in particular as their final element.

When I watched them last season, I was wondering what it was that I liked, the actual dance, or that they were so cute. I think now it will be the dance.

I believe they may show up at MidAtlantics for an exhibition but not sure. They are listed as Skating Club of New York.