Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Courchevel results

Did I read the site correctly in that they will be showing Dance FS on Wednesday?

Custom Title
    Looking at the Ice Dance protocols, I can't help wondering what the Canadian judge was thinking the morning of the CD. Here's how she (Susan Blatz) ranked the skaters by PCS scores:

1 GUIGNARD / PAULMIER
    2 BILET / HAMON
    3 RALPH / HILL
    4 FINDLAY / RICHAUD
    4 KLIMOVA/PALOMAKI
    6 SHIBUTANI / SHIBUTANI
    6 BATURINTSEVA/VOLOBUIEV
    8 TCHETINKINA/SMIRNOV
    9 MYSLIVECKOVA / NOVAK
    10 VERMEULEN/DOLEMAN
    11 VYKHODTSEVA / SHUMSKI
    12 WOLF/AINSWORTH

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Sounds like she picked their placing randomly out of a lottery bag.

Custom Title
    Protocols show some impressive marks across the board for the Shibutani's and big improvement from Ralph/Hill.

For elements, Shibutanis were the only team with no negative GOEs in both the OD and FD. They had 20 marks of +2 with the next highest being the Czechs Mysliveckova/Novak with 5, then Kharis/Asher, Findlay/Richaud and Baturintseva/Volobuiev who each earned two. Twizzles must have been very strong to earn seven marks of +2. Four judges had all five components at 6.0 or better. In the OD they got a +3 (!) for one of their lifts. Has that happened before in a JGP?

Ralph/Hill had significant improvement in scores compared with Lake Placid. Performances must have been very strong with only the FD twizzles seeming to cause a problem. Strong lift GOEs in particular as their final element.

When I watched them last season, I was wondering what it was that I liked, the actual dance, or that they were so cute. I think now it will be the dance.

I believe they may show up at MidAtlantics for an exhibition but not sure. They are listed as Skating Club of New York.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4