Thread: Quick Linda Fratianne Bio

Hybrid View

SkateFan4Life

Quick Linda Fratianne Bio

Here's a link to a brief bio on 1980 Olympic silver medalist Linda Fratianne. Not surprisingly, it contains a few sentences on the disappointment that Linda and her coach, Frank Carroll, felt over Linda's loss at Lake Placid.

http://www.figure-skating.com/Extras/WATN/Fratianne.asp

Tripping on the Podium
    You know, there already exists an EXTREMELY long thread about Linda that you started and in which you were the last person to post just barely 2 weeks ago.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...=&threadid=112

No offense, but does the whole subject have to be readdressed AGAIN (with, I am sure, multiple "War and Peace" length posts from Lois Yuen)? Isn't enough enough?

SkateFan4Life
    There is no reason for the snide post that you just wrote on this thread.

Is there anything wrong about posting a single-page fact sheet about a famous figure skater? I am sure there are many people who did NOT participate and/or read the many posts contained on the lengthy thread about Linda Fratianne.

I watched a videotape of one of Linda professional performances at the now-defunct World Professional Figure Skating Championships. She skated to selections from "E.T." and "Chariots of Fire". I thought Linda looked lovely, and she skated very, very well. Strong jumps, clean, crisp spins, and a very nice connection with the audience.

Tripping on the Podium
    I linked the previous marathon thread in my response to your new post, thus allowing forum participants the option to read it or not and alerting them to the prior discussion. You could have as easily added a new post with the new link to your previous thread, thus tying it to all previous discussion.

For some reason you chose not to do that, and you added what could be considered by some, and in fact was by me, a "snide" comment on opinions expressed within the new link that brought up issues beaten to death in the first thread - thus my reaction.

I'm glad for your sake that you enjoyed watching Linda's performances recently.