Who will be OFF the podium at World's this year? | Golden Skate

Who will be OFF the podium at World's this year?

Which skater(s) will be surpised to find him/herself OFF the World podium this year?

• IRINA

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • MICHELLE

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • CUPCAKE (Elena Sokolova)

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • FUMIE

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • PLUSHY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ALEXEI

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • TIM

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • PETROVA/TIKHONOV

Votes: 15 22.4%

• Total voters

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Which skater(s) will be surprised to find him/herself OFF the World podium this year? Some did not compete last year, but I believe they expect to find themselves on the World podium nevertheless.

Note that all choices are former World medalists.

Last edited:

skatepixie

On the Ice
MK will be there regardless of how she skates.
Cupcake is going to have to fight for it.
So will Fumei.
Irina is a total X factor here, I have no idea how shes doing

Yags will have to fight but I I hope he is on the podium.
Plush will be on I think
So will tim.

rtureck

Final Flight
Interesting not only is your favorite skater not on this list, you do not even allow others, ______________ fill in the blank as an option.

Do here is my poll

choice a: Realtorgal is so confident that one of her favorite skaters will make the (world) podiium (tempting skating gods?) ;)

or choice b: Realtorgal is not confident that one of her favorite skaters will make the podium, therefore she is not an option. ;)

PS

I just wish all skaters do their best, those are the most exciting competitions to watch

Last edited:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
If my favorite skater (Sasha) were to NOT make the podium, this would not be a surprise as she has NEVER stood on the World podium. Therefore, she cannot be included in this poll. If you would care to notice, all other choices have already been World medalists.

BTW, our polls on this board are meant in good humor. You may not have noticed that being a relatively new poster. We do try to avoid insulting each other.

Last edited:

Pookie

Final Flight
Fumie. I think there are too many artistically ahead of her. But I've only watched her skate twice, I think.

All of them. Michelle and Irina won't compete and the ladies' finishing order will be Sasha, AP, Vicka, Elena L., Yukina, and Miki.

Mathman

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Mathman, you can't really believe that Michelle won't compete at World's this year! No way!

rtureck

Final Flight
Mathman said:
All of them. Michelle and Irina won't compete and the ladies' finishing order will be Sasha, AP, Vicka, Elena L., Yukina, and Miki.

Mathman

Really, you better be offering a lot of sacrifice to the skating gods. Just look at the numbers in my sig line.

OK, OK, Fumie for Gold!

RealtorGal, I don't know about Michelle's intentions this year. She is still fooling around in Hong Kong instead of trying to get a program together for the Campbell's Soup Bowl a month away. There may be a possibility that she will say, I'm having so much fun, who needs the aggravation?

Last year I think that the main reasons she competed were, (1) she did so well when she was roped into doing Skate America that it got her competitive juices flowing again, and (2) she wasn't impressed with what the other ladies were doing and figured, I can beat that standing on my head. This year, it may be a different story.

Mathman

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I voted for Petrova and Tikhonov not being on the podium (wishful thinking on my part)..........

Uh.......and Michelle's always on the World podium every year because she's.........oh, off the top of my head........a great skater?

E

Eva-Elena

Petrova & Tikhonov are out. Young Chinese pairs are qeueing (sp?)

dewet

Final Flight
Petrova and Tikhonov will be off. Pang & Tong and Langlois & Archetto will fight for bronze.

curious

Final Flight
you never know with yags but I don't expect him to skate at worlds not in his present condition.

Kasey

Medalist
I voted Irina. Yags maybe won't be on the podium....I think he still COULD be, IF he chooses and is able to compete....but I doubt it. And if he missed the podium, I don't think he'd be surprised.