American Dance Teams | Golden Skate

American Dance Teams

EricAba

Rinkside
Just wanted to give a quick "shout out" to the American dance teams who competed at Worlds. Out of all of the performances that I saw from this event, their free dances were my favorites. Belbin and Agosto had such youthful energy and spark, and Lang and Tchernyshev were the perfect mix of passion and precision. Hope we get to see more of both teams, especially L&T, in the future.

Smiley0884

Rinkside
ITA, I wish our dance teams would get a little more recongnition respect, and support. I'm also looking forward to seeing some of the up and coming teams next season, especially Galler-Rabinowitz and Mitchell, and Gregory and Petukhov. I'm also intereseted in seeing the improvements G/P made after moving to Morosov. :D

Didn't Lang and Tschernyshev announce that they won't be competing this season?

Mathman

EricAba

Rinkside
It's a shame L&T have chosen not to compete. I heard that they are not participating in the Grand Prix this season, but will they be back for Nationals and Worlds? Or have they officially retired from amateur skating altogether?

In any case, I would love to have seen some of their past programs. In particular, I heard that their Carmen OD from last season- if I'm not mistaken- was really great.

Last edited:

lulu

Final Flight
I hope B&A continue to do something along the lines of their "Sarajevo" program-not necessarily the THEME-war, genocide, etc. but the music and dancing. I really didn't care for their Elvis program as much as other people, but I really enjoyed
"Sarajevo" a lot.

As for L&T: I pretty much certain they retired-but I'm not positive.

mpal2

Final Flight
L&T have not retired, Naomi wants a season off. Now if that eventually will lead to retirement, who knows.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Speaking of American dance teams, I would really like to see how Jamie Silverstein is fairing. It would be nice to watch her again as I was mesmerized by presence on the ice before the partnership was dissolved with Pekarek.