Sasha is skating to Swan Lake for the LP, not SP | Golden Skate

Sasha is skating to Swan Lake for the LP, not SP

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Lucy25 said:

I am sure it will be nice, but I am tired of the overused music. Did anyone see her skate at Sun Valley?

According to the journal entry, "We chose an unusual cut of music so it makes it more exciting." So maybe it will be lesser heard music, like Slutskaya's Don Q.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Eventhough I am sick of Swan Lake, it is a huge piece of music and I am sure Sasha and TT have found pieces that are a little less familiar for Sasha's LP. Kind of like Michelle Kwan's Fate of Carmen...I know I never heard that clapping section during her footwork before.

dewet

Final Flight
It should be great and it sounds like it will be slightly different than other Swan Lakes, but she should pick music that isn't as overused. She does have a history of skating to overused music.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
"Swan Lake" has never been my favorite piece, but let's see what Sasha does with it. Musically, I much prefer Rachmoninov and especially the cuts Sasha used last season. I remember thinking, "UGH...not again...this is Chen's music" when I heard Sasha was using it for her long program. But, I think she did a fine job with it. It wasn't as strong as her "Malaguena" short, but it wasn't totally unoriginal and more refreshing than I expected. If she's mentally prepared this season, I have complete faith that it will be a beautiful program. How ironic that she's using this music! I keep picturing her nervously waiting as Fumie performed to this same music at 2003 Worlds...waiting to see if what she had done was good enough for bronze! Hopefully, she'll get that World medal this year. 4th place is a terrible position to repeat endlessly!

Well, let's give it a whirl. The music may have an offbeat cut which will be 'new' to some fans who have never gotten with the ballet. Rudy Galindo's was an offbeat cut and it worked well for him.

There is some fantastic music in the final scene in Swan Lake. I would love someone to skate to that.

As long as she doesn't flap the arms as if they were wings, I'll be happy.

Joe

lavender

Record Breaker
I know that she didn't skate that well but no one has mentioned the choreography. I wonder what that's like.

Lucy25

Final Flight
lavender said:
I know that she didn't skate that well but no one has mentioned the choreography. I wonder what that's like.

I was wondering the same thing. Funny that this has not been mentioned anywhere - even on her board who have members who saw the performance.

IDLERACER

Medalist
Another journal entry I've noticed: :sheesh:

"I’m getting real excited about the Justin Timberlake and Christine Aguilera concert I’m going to this week with Johnnie Weir. I’ll let you know all about it next week."

Regardless of whatever tunes these two decide to use for their routines, it's obvious that off the ice, their taste in entertainment would indicate that they are both as tone-deaf as Tara Lipinski (who has been known to actually skate to Christina Aguilerra's...er...um..."music").

[url]http://www.sashacohen.com/photos/office7.gif[/URL]

skatepixie

On the Ice
considering the altitude and new boots AND blades, PLUS a new program, well, i think it wasnt the worst that could happen. And you never know, there could have been a hole there or something that caused her to go down. it happened to me the other day. Im like looking up wondering why Im on the ground and why my body hurts....