Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mexico City Event Previews

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Amanda DOBBS competed in the Silicon Valley Open. Her scores: 43.79 SP, 82.96 FS = 126.75.
    Amanda Dobbs was an eye opener in last year's US Nats at 8am. NBC pushed most of the Ladies to the crack of dawn in order to show the elite during prime time. Amanda's good!!

Whoa! I'm talking Seniors above. She did skate seniors or am I thinking of someone else.
    Last edited by Joesitz; 09-09-2008 at 08:55 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Amanda Dobbs was an eye opener in last year's US Nats at 8am. NBC pushed most of the Ladies to the crack of dawn in order to show the elite during prime time.
    Dobbs was 5th in junior (the highest finishing junior staying junior this season).

Whoa! I'm talking Seniors above. She did skate seniors or am I thinking of someone else.
    Someone else -- maybe Becky Bereswill (Courchevel JGP silver medalist) who skated in the Saturday morning session and moved up to 10th in Senior Ladies by the end of the evening.

Custom Title
    Chaochih Liu has the potential to be a contendor in Mexico City in her JGP debut for TPE. She trains at the Broadmoor SC (she used to be coached by Tom Zakrajsek and is currently coached by Eddie Shipstad, I believe). Liu qualified for 2006 U.S. Nationals as a novice, 2007 Nationals as a junior, and finished 6th in the deep junior ladies' field at Midwestern Sectionals last year (2nd alternate to Nats). She has landed five different triples in competition through Lutz.

ETA two of Chaochih Liu's senior level comp. results from earlier this summer:
    Broadmoor Open (June 2008 unofficial results - she placed 3rd in Sr. Ladies behind Alexe Gilles and Becky Bereswill): 46.13 (SP), 78.79 (FS) = 124.92
    Chinese Taipei Nationals (July 2008): 36.25 (SP), 89.37 (FS) = 125.62
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-09-2008 at 01:38 PM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Sylvia, she does sound very promising!

Custom Title
    Just another piece of info: Bailey/Herring competed at the Philadelphia Challenge Cup just last weekend, doing the OD only. They scored 42.83 to Tibbett/Brubaker's 44.9.

All Hail Queen Yu-Na!!!!!! SailorGalaxia518's Avatar

JGP Series heads to Mexico for third event

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

The United States will look to pad its lead in the 2008 Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series medal count this week in Mexico City. American skaters have won seven medals (four gold) in the season's first two events, with the Czech Republic earning three, and Russia and Canada claiming two apiece.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Just another piece of info: Bailey/Herring competed at the Philadelphia Challenge Cup just last weekend, doing the OD only. They scored 42.83 to Tibbett/Brubaker's 44.9.
    I was informed by a dancer at the UD that they had made many changes to their OD and were doing a trial run with it before going to their JGP in Mexico City. So they were cautious and just running the program. They are great competitors and will do a great job in Mexico for the US. They have a very individual style of skating with a lot of heart and emotion in their programs. It's refreshing !!

Custom Title
    It sounds promising, their OD at Lake Placid scored 41.49. They were 5th in their group, behind Gilles/Donahue (45.91), Matsumoto/Mays (42.52), Ralph/hill (41.95), and Cunnuscio/Lorello (41.52)

Quote Originally Posted by yajustme View Post
    I was informed by a dancer at the UD that they had made many changes to their OD and were doing a trial run with it before going to their JGP in Mexico City. So they were cautious and just running the program. They are great competitors and will do a great job in Mexico for the US. They have a very individual style of skating with a lot of heart and emotion in their programs. It's refreshing !!
    Congratulations on your first post!

I hope they really do a great job in Mexico, and that someone films it so we can see how fabulous they are.

This might be OT here, but it surprises me that there aren't any videos from Mexico City JGP yet, when there are already videos of Ostrava up. I'd have thought there would be some up in no time, especially of the Hubbells.

Whether there are videos or not depends on two things:
    1. Was the event televised or broadcast on the web? If so, there will be a raft of great videos up quickly. At Mexico, there was no TV or webcast coverage.
    2. Did any amateur videographer attend & does that person just keep their video clips or do they upload them? If you check Ostrava, there was only one person filming & uploading. At Merano, there were maybe two. It looks like, at Mexico City, no one was filming.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2