Mexico City Event Previews | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Mexico City Event Previews

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker

yajustme

Spectator
Just another piece of info: Bailey/Herring competed at the Philadelphia Challenge Cup just last weekend, doing the OD only. They scored 42.83 to Tibbett/Brubaker's 44.9.

I was informed by a dancer at the UD that they had made many changes to their OD and were doing a trial run with it before going to their JGP in Mexico City. So they were cautious and just running the program. They are great competitors and will do a great job in Mexico for the US. They have a very individual style of skating with a lot of heart and emotion in their programs. It's refreshing !! :rock:

samba

On the Ice
It sounds promising, their OD at Lake Placid scored 41.49. They were 5th in their group, behind Gilles/Donahue (45.91), Matsumoto/Mays (42.52), Ralph/hill (41.95), and Cunnuscio/Lorello (41.52)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I was informed by a dancer at the UD that they had made many changes to their OD and were doing a trial run with it before going to their JGP in Mexico City. So they were cautious and just running the program. They are great competitors and will do a great job in Mexico for the US. They have a very individual style of skating with a lot of heart and emotion in their programs. It's refreshing !! :rock:

Congratulations on your first post!

I hope they really do a great job in Mexico, and that someone films it so we can see how fabulous they are.

lmarie086

Medalist
This might be OT here, but it surprises me that there aren't any videos from Mexico City JGP yet, when there are already videos of Ostrava up. I'd have thought there would be some up in no time, especially of the Hubbells.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Whether there are videos or not depends on two things:
1. Was the event televised or broadcast on the web? If so, there will be a raft of great videos up quickly. At Mexico, there was no TV or webcast coverage.
2. Did any amateur videographer attend & does that person just keep their video clips or do they upload them? If you check Ostrava, there was only one person filming & uploading. At Merano, there were maybe two. It looks like, at Mexico City, no one was filming.