MK promotes tourism in Hong Kong | Golden Skate

MK promotes tourism in Hong Kong

Did you guys catch these articles from the GS main page?

http://www.indiantelevision.com/mam/headlines/y2k3/sep/sepmam3.htm

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030828/nyth065_1.html
Now that the menace of SARS has started to abate, countries in the Far East have started to launch promotions to entice tourists to return. Hong Kong recently roped in Olympic figure skater Michelle Kwan for its two month promotion Hong Kong Welcomes You! .
I wonder when she will start training for the Campbell's Classic October 3?

Mathman

R.D.

Record Breaker
Wow, I never knew she was the official spokesperson for the Walt Disney Company.

mpal2

Final Flight
Doesn't she have the most extensive contract Disney has ever given to an athlete? I know that no other skater has gotten the deal she has. Disney has been kind to MK. :D

sk8ing_lady2001

Final Flight
That is so nice of Michelle. I also cannot wait to see her in Campbell's, as I will be there, no doubts about it. :D

Angie, you are so lucky! I hope Michelle does her new 2003-2004 LP so you can tell us all about it!

Mathman

Bynx

On the Ice
mpal2 said:
Doesn't she have the most extensive contract Disney has ever given to an athlete? I know that no other skater has gotten the deal she has. Disney has been kind to MK. :D

After the end of the 01'-02' season Michael Eisner signed Michelle
for another 4-year deal, but the $$$ amount he re-signed her for was undisclosed.

I heard it was for a million a year, for four years. Also that her Chevrolet contract was for a million dollars spread out over several years. I don't know, though -- just Internet talk.

Good for her. But that's chickenfeed in the sports world. High School basketball player LeBron James recently signed a contract with Nike worth $90 million.

Mathman

Verbalgirl77

On the Ice
Good for her. But that's chickenfeed in the sports world. High School basketball player LeBron James recently signed a contract with Nike worth $90 million.

True, but for female athletes not named Venus and Serena :) that's a pretty nice deal.