Thread: Oh the Irony

Oh the Irony

In Alaska you don't need air conditioners because our summers aren't hot enough (though Fairbanks I think uses them because they do see some pretty high temps in July)

but UAA - the school I go to - uses them... in september... when it's already flipping cold outside... I don't get it at all.... w ehave to bundle up to attend class. someone explain the logic!

and here I am in class listening to the prof talking about intelligence of the species

Custom Title
    LOL@Toni. I still have to wear long sleeves in summer because the airconditioning is so high in some places sometimes.

They build a brand new building at my university, but they ran out of money before they could put in the air conditioning. Having anticipated a sophisticated climate control system, they made it so the windows can't open. So we can't use the building at all from April to September.

Also, the shape is an upside-down pyramid balanced on its point. There were supposed to be two wings at the base to support it, but, again, they ran out of money, so now it looks like it's about to topple over. They tried to hit up the wealthy donor who gave them the money for an extra $20,000,000 to finish the job, but he said, what did you do with the $20,000,000 I already gave you?

don't EVEN get me started on the building projects going on here... and how much my tuition went up because of it

My alma mater has a history of partnering with local corporations. The corporation pays for the building on RIT's property and get to use the lab space. The school has a co-op program; so, the students are required to intern and many of them end up interning/working for the companies on campus. It seems to be working since there's a new building contructed almost every year. It sure has changed since I went with regards to the academic building. Fundraising is used for the non-educational student facilities.

yeah our buildings are matched with donors... but then we pay for the construction workers taking over our campus parking lots so they can park (but hey our parking costs went up a hundred dollars and there's even LESS PARKING NOW grrrrrrr) and we pay for the maintenance of the new buildings (what that means I don't know, they haven't even built them yet! what's to maintain?) and I'm not even going to get to use the new building so why am I helping? LOL (yes I'm selfish)