Thread: Champions on Ice 2004

Custom Title

Champions on Ice 2004

The cast list is up-not too many suprises, Dorothy Hamill is skating, as is Nancy Kerrigan, and Punsalen/Swallow-but isn't she pregnant?

Here's the Link http://www.championsonice.com/skaters.php

I think Liz is due in December. Maybe they will skate for only the latter part of the tour. Since she's an ice dancer and, therefore, doesn't jump or get tossed into the air, I would imagine that Liz could still be on skates.

I recall that Nancy Kerrigan skated during her pregnancy. I think she was pregnant in her 1st Halloween on Ice which is why she wore a pumpkin outfit. Her doctor said it was ok as long as she didn't jump a lot - so, I think she restricted her self to doubles until she got to 'big' to feel comfortable jumping at all.

I guess Galindo is optimistic about achieving a full recovery from his surgery.

This is from Elvis' bio:

"...he was awarded the Meritorious Service Decoration, in recognition of his courage during the 1998 Olympic Winter Games in Nagano, where he competed with a groin injury to win his second silver medal."

Oh, yeah, that's what I would want to see included in MY official bio on the Internet: That I had a GROIN injury.

BTW, isn't Elvis going to be competing in the GP series this year?

On the Ice
    not so many ladies!

Salchows and Shimmies!!!
    Am I missing something? I didn't see Nancy and Dorothy listed.

Me either (?)

Wow, Fumie and Ann Patrice! I think this is the first time for them as regular tour members.

Is it just me, or does Michelle look incredibly cute in that red outfit?

Mathman

Salchows and Shimmies!!!
    I think I get what happened from MKF. It sounds like earlier today the old listings were up, including the winter tour which no longer exists. The 2004 listings came up later today. Dorothy, Nancy and P and S aren't on that tour.

Custom Title
    There must be some weird "voo-doo" magic going, on because when I checked the site yesterday (the second) They had both Dorothy and Nancy's picture up there. I did notice they updated it just today though.

Oh well,
    :o

Rinkside

Champions on Ice

If you go to their link, neither Dorothy or Nancy are listed - I read where Dorothy signed up again for Champions on Ice, but their 2004 tour does not show her. In the past there were 2 tours, one for the winter and one for the summer - I wonder if that will hold true for the upcoming season

Evie

Woo COI said they were having a shorter tour they really ment it. Not are they not coming to Nashville, they not even going to St.Louis which I could go see that one.
    This really stinks. And they got a great cast, better than SOI.

Rinkside

cutting down...

wow, they are really cutting down for the summer tour. Not that many stops. I hope they keep the NJ stop. :(

Buttle "Catch The Victory" ~ Torino 2006
    Sounds to me each and every year they cut back. I am just wondering how long with COI last. Are they slowly going down?

I don't think so. They had a huge tour after the Olympics -- 82 shows, I think. So naturally they had to scale back from that. People say the general state of the economy is hurting the entertainment industry overall. I think that as long as COI continues to bring the top stars, they will be all right.

Mathman

Custom Title
    I agree with what mathman said. Obviously the Olympics always brings extra attention to figure skating, and with the added hype of 2002: Sarah Hughes, double gold, there was an even bigger "thirst" so to speak, for FS. So of course, they won't be able to recapture their stellar 2002 tour. The sliding economy might play a role too though. Anyways, my prediction is that the core SOI & COI audiences will continue to see the show, but it won't have great crowds until after the next olympics, or the next "scandal"