Info from LA | Golden Skate

Info from LA

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
one of my skating buddies had a lesson today just after the elite session at Toytota Sports Center. She brought this update on our elite skaters.

Bebe: Nice run-through of Memoirs of a Geisha program. She landed all but two of her jumps. The jump layout is the same is "Yellow river concerto." Missed the second flip and lutz? beautiful choreography, but she missed quite a few jumps when she was not doing her program.

Evan: Lookin good! :biggrin: Dozens of 3 axels, all landed, most effortlessly. No, quad, but ran through the begining of "Bolero." great transitions and chreo, he changed the jumps layout.

flying camel

Medalist
one of my skating buddies had a lesson today just after the elite session at Toytota Sports Center. She brought this update on our elite skaters.

Bebe: Nice run-through of Memoirs of a Geisha program. She landed all but two of her jumps. The jump layout is the same is "Yellow river concerto." Missed the second flip and lutz? beautiful choreography, but she missed quite a few jumps when she was not doing her program.

Evan: Lookin good! :biggrin: Dozens of 3 axels, all landed, most effortlessly. No, quad, but ran through the begining of "Bolero." great transitions and chreo, he changed the jumps layout.

Did they happen to see Kahle skating. I wonder if she is still with Frank.

Binthere

On the Ice
I love Memoirs of a Geisha music. Used very effectively for the first times by Yukari Nakano in ladies, and Maia and Alex Shibutani in novice dance two years ago. Music requires combination of power, conviction of moment and flow. Go for it, Bebe!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Did they happen to see Kahle skating. I wonder if she is still with Frank.

no, Dani is no longer skating there. She is now being coached by Charlene Wong. I do not know where she is training now. I guess at the Skating Edge or else Culver City.

ae9177

On the Ice

Thank you! :clap:

Who is Bebe's choreographer this year? Is it still Lori? She chorogrphed Caro's Geisha, hope she won't recycle the elements in Bebe's program. Go Bebe! :clap:

Good for Evan to get the 3A back! :rock: Did he take out the quad-triple from his jump layout? I like his quad, hope he'll keep doing it and get it consistent in 09 season. Can't wait to see the new stuff Tatiana brought into his skating, I especially wish the footwork will be awesome! :love:

merrybari

Final Flight
Good for Evan to get the 3A back! :rock: Did he take out the quad-triple from his jump layout? I like his quad, hope he'll keep doing it and get it consistent in 09 season. Can't wait to see the new stuff Tatiana brought into his skating, I especially wish the footwork will be awesome! :love:

With all the time Evan spent on the quad last year I don't think he's taken it out. I think rather that he's building the physical stamina and strength after a summer off of serious training so he can do it with less risk of injury. Most likely, IMO, the training that day was focused on the 3A which is another possibility why he wasn't working it that day.

I can't wait either to see the influence of his work with Tarasova. His footwork was amazing before - I expect it to be "supercalifragilisticexpealidocious." with her imput. :agree:

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Who is Bebe's choreographer this year?
Braden Overett, who choreographed Liang's "Sorcerer's Apprentice" SP last season that she is keeping this season, is listed as her only choreographer in her Icenetwork bio and so he must have done her "Memoirs of a Geisha" FS as well.

vlaurend

Final Flight
no, Dani is no longer skating there. She is now being coached by Charlene Wong. I do not know where she is training now. I guess at the Skating Edge or else Culver City.

Dani has lessons with Charlene at Culver (Skating Edge still closed for renovations, BTW). Also, she competed at Golden West on 8/30 and 8/31. Her short program--still the "Kill Bill" program--was good. Her long program, Carmen, still needs some work.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Dani has lessons with Charlene at Culver (Skating Edge still closed for renovations, BTW). Also, she competed at Golden West on 8/30 and 8/31. Her short program--still the "Kill Bill" program--was good. Her long program, Carmen, still needs some work.

OH no! not Carmen. That is not the right music for her at all. I guess she liked hearing it 20 times a day when Evan used it.

Thanks for the update though. is there a video of her on Youtube at GW?

skatergirl45

On the Ice
Carmen.......................................what can we say. Every skater will skate to it,
However, it is great to see her skating and competing!