Thread: On the ice

On the ice

I just recently moved from a area that had no ice rinks, to one that has 3 in my area. I finally took my skates to the closest ice rink after 7+years and went skating! It's like riding a bicycle, you don't forget your just a little rusty. I could still skate forward and backward (crossovers both directiions) It was harder to hold a left back outside edge then a right one. I could do a single foot spin and a few edge changes and my speed was good. The rink that I am going to has adult only sessions and a coffee club where they give a free lesson. So I am going to start out slow-once a week and then build up to at least 3 times a week. I'm not sure what I want to accomplish yet but I'm just glad that I have the opportunity to skate again:D

Custom Title
    Have a wonderful time and enjoy yourself! I came back to skating after a nearly 25 year layoff and rediscovered my love for it.....and then some.
    It's a great sport, even if, like me, you're not all that good. Practice doesn't make perfect, but it surely does make better. Good luck!

Thanks megsk8z. 25 years is a long time, but we are never too old to start up again. It has actually been 28 years since I have skated seriously. I was 16 years old when I had to give up the sport (too expensive) and am now 44 yrs old.

Bless you, Fairy Godmother, I'm Having a BALL! Cinderella on Ice's Avatar
    Add me to the "pack." I'm 46, just came back last year after 31 years off. And I had only skated maybe 6-10 times during that off period. It's amazing how the passion just re-envelopes you with a WHOOOSH!

Congrats on your return and best wishes for lots and lots of fun rediscovering your skating love.

Thanks Cinderella!

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar

On the ice

Congratulations! I made a serious "come back" a few years ago and was doing great until I fell and injured my knee. I skated a few times this past winter, but nothing like I was doing. I am thinking of dusting off my skates this season. It does feel good to get out there even if my legs feel like a hundred!

Salchows and Shimmies!!!
    Congrats on getting back on the ice and GOOD LUCK!!!! :D

Lad-
    Get those skates dust free and go! I'm just going once a week for a couple of months and then I'm going to add another day. Twice is enough for right now.

And thanks Yazmeen:D