NBC Vancouver 2010 Favorite-Sport Survey/Poll | Golden Skate

NBC Vancouver 2010 Favorite-Sport Survey/Poll

acraven

Rinkside
The NBC Olympics Vancouver 2010 web page currently includes a poll about which sport fans are most looking forward to watching. Perhaps if figure skating fans vote heavily, it will have a positive impact on NBC's coverage. USFS thinks the poll may not be up there for long, so vote soon!

Here's the link:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/vancouver...id=161427.html

As of this morning (9/9), Snowboarding leads at 81%, Figure Skating is 2nd at 11% and Speed Skating 3rd at 6%.
Interesting. So snowboarding is the most popular winter sport among people who vote on Internet polls.

Looking to the future, maybe we should think harder about Evan Lysacek's proposals to make figure skating into an "extreme" spprt.

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Why is hockey so low? For a lot of people, the reason for hosting the winter olympics in Vancouver is the hockey final.

merrybari

Final Flight
This is totally amazing. When I looked late yesterday - Figure skating was at 46%, speed skaing 2nd at 33% and snowboarding a distant 3rd.

Somebody got the word out for sure.

I think you're right, Mathman - Evan has something there.

Mafke

Medalist
Excuse me, but someone left the most important winter sport off the list ..... Where's CURLING!!!!!!!!

saltypig

Rinkside
Something's wrong :scratch::confused: all of sudden skeleton is in the lead at 45% in front of snowboarding 41% and figure skating - a measly 9%. :no:

I think it's rigged or FS fans are just not voting.:no:

moojja

Rinkside
Something's wrong :scratch::confused: all of sudden skeleton is in the lead at 45% in front of snowboarding 41% and figure skating - a measly 9%. :no:

I think it's rigged or FS fans are just not voting.:no:

It’s an internet poll, it doesn’t really mean anything. The numbers just mean someone has post about the poll in a skeleton forum, and its member’s are more rabid about hitting it. I didn’t even hear about the poll, until golden skate. The poll isn’t reaching the general audience, just fans with an already established interest.

R.D.

Record Breaker
This poll is being stuffed- by snowboarding fans and by skating fans. It's pointless anyway.

Binthere

On the Ice
Completely agree with you Red Dog... this survey is totally pointless...
If NBC really cared about 'fan perspectives' they would ask a less pointless question...

saltypig

Rinkside
Completely agree with you Red Dog... this survey is totally pointless...
If NBC really cared about 'fan perspectives' they would ask a less pointless question...

Apparently the USFS seems to think it matters so according to another forum they sent out an e-mail to vote and FS is at 84% now :thumbsup:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
NBC is a US channel and this survey is for their purposes. However in a recent Vancouver newspaper article most Vancouverites stated they want to attend some or all of the figure skating events. Of course we are a hockey town as most Canadian cities are and Hockey is at the top of the list, but figure skating follows closely.

:thumbsup:

Last edited: