Skaters on Magazine Covers | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Skaters on Magazine Covers

Norlite

On the Ice
I am most certainly no prude, but I don't particularly think the first of the older LIFE covers (1938) is um.....er....... flattering. LOL......:laugh:

S

SkateFan4Life

More wonderful magazine covers!! The three-year-old figure skater was absolutely charming!

And I distinctly remember the Life magazine cover photo of Peggy Fleming, atop the Grenobe Olympic podium with her gold medal.

THANKS AGAIN, IDLERACER! These photographs are fantastic!!

SkateFan4Life

John King

Final Flight
Skaters on Magazine covers

Oksana Baiul was on the cover of a Canadian publication called Homemaker's Magazine.Sorry I don't have a scanner.

John King

Final Flight
My mind must be slow....

She was also on the cover of a magazine called "Zdorov:The magazine on all things Ukranian".Rudy was on the cover of The Advocate,if memory serves.

John King

Final Flight
Oksana,Oksana......

She was also on the cover of Connecticut Magazine and Southwest Airlines Spirit Magazine.

S

SkateFan4Life

How about Dick Button? Was he pictured on the cover of any magazines? Maybe Life, Sports Illustrated, or some other major magazine from 1948 through 1952?

S

SkateFan4Life

I'm sure that Dick Button, Tenley Albright, Hayes Jenkins, David Jenkins and other top skaters from the 1940s and 1950s were featured on the cover of "Skating " magazine. Perhaps "Sports Illustrated"? If anybody has access to those covers, I'd sure love to see them. Thank you in advance,

SkateFan4Life