Undecided.

I

icenut84

Re: 2003 MENS SHORT PROGRAM OF THE YEAR

Brian Joubert, I thought it was great

M

mike79

At the beginning of the year I would have said Plushenko. After watching Honda's SP I'd have to think he had the best one. It was so perfect for him and the steps were so difficult.

D

Dee4707

I voted for Evengi. That's a no brainer.

Dee

S

starshinexavier

I voted other. I thought Jeff's SP was the best. It had super choreography throughout, and you could tell that Jeff really enjoyed the music by the way he skated to it. Didn't really like the pants though.

L

lottafs

I voted for Brian Joubert. The technique in it was amazing and so was the footwork and music. :) Jeff Buttle's can come close also. Loved the choreography and music. :)

S

SHINE2002

I was totally blown away by Takeshi's SP from 4CC. Kurt Browning is THE king of footwork and Takeshi didn't disappoint! It's so refreshing and it really stands out among all the Nikolai programs and Plushenko's arm flailing footwork. It's so beautifully choreographed to this music and I think Takeshi's true brilliance really shines through in there. He's so musical. There's a deep, restrained passion and a curious tension throughout the program which are later transformed into an uplifting feeling in the end. Had Takeshi landed the 4/3 combo at 4CC, it would have been THE short program performance of the year for sure!
Okay, end of gushing.

J

Joesitz

I have Evgeni's Bofrost SP as one of my very few "most memorable" performances ever. But just that one.

Joe

N

Ninjagirl

I really liked Eman's short at Skate Canada

S

SHINE2002

I agree. Eman's SP at Skate Canada was IMO one of the most exciting SP performancse of all time, and the crowd certainly helped. This guy can dance like no one else. I would have voted for it had it not be 2 years old.

B

BravesSkateFan

Mens short

Alexei Yagudin-Racing. I was blown away when he performed this at Skate America.

C

Callystarr

Re: Mens short

<em><strong>Evgeni Plushenko has the slight edge ;) </strong></em>

B

Becca27

I'm with BravesSkateFan, Alexei Yagudin's "Racing" SP at Skate America was truely amazing, I know he opened up on the lutz but otherwise it was just superb!:)

Becca

R

rgirl181

For me it's a three way tie between Joubert's "Time," Yags's "Racing," and Ilia Klimkin's sp (don't recall the name)--assuming all skated their best.
Rgirl

C

Callystarr

<span style="color:red;"><em><strong>
I really don't think there was a male skater who's SP just completely stood out from the rest unlike previous years...ie "Winter" Alexei Yagudin in 2002. So I am pretty much undecided too</strong></em></span>

E

Engel85

<span style="color:purple;font-family:times new roman;font-size:small;">Other; although I did like Takeshi's skate this year, I have to agree with Becca and BravesSkateFan, Alexei Y's "Racing" was definately superb :) </span>

E

Emerald2000

I'd say it's a tie between Alexei Yagudin "racing" and Evgeni Plusheko's. Takeshi's was good too.