Another Skating Season Ahead.... | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Another Skating Season Ahead....

samba

On the Ice
Forgot to mention that the Hubbells are definitely competing Sr. level. They also can have a shot on the podium.

Serious Figure Skating fans (like me) are just as interested in Pairs, Dance and Men as they are about Ladies.

Things to watch for:

Ladies: Which of the three Graces will not make it to Cleveland?

Men: Who will be 3rd on the Podium?

Pairs: Which one is the best for international?

Dance: Will the Hubbells bring it all to the Senior Division?

Only in America will you find such interest in Ladies Only. Men packed the arenas in Tokyo and Gotenborg.

lmarie086

Medalist
What did I miss? What have you heard?

Johnny's LP is to music from "Notre Dame de Paris," a musical with some great music IMO. And I seem to recall him saying he will portray both Quasimodo and Esmeralda at the same time, and that his costume will reflect that. It just sounds very interesting to me and in tune with Johnny-always keeping stuff lively! :laugh:

As for pairs, I'm pretty sure that McLaughlin/Brubaker will be the US's best chance internationally. But for the rest of the podium and that second world team spot is up for grabs between: C/O, E/L, I/B, and Y/C. I am torn, because I like three of those teams.

Thank you, samba for informing me of that. And as to Jane and Todd, they received the 3rd spot for SA, did they not?

Now I wasn't sure if this belonged in a separate thread or not, but I've read over at isu.org that Russian D/S missed the Russian test skate and that he is not fully over his injury. Should we truly be expecting to see them this season?

Last edited:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Will Elene overcome last season's problems? I'm a believer.

I sure hope so. She had the potential to be a medal contender. That SP at the 2006 Olympics was excellent.

Last edited:

penguin girl

Rinkside
I'm very excited about the season. Though I love summer weather, I love the fall (the kiddies FINALLY go back to school!). I am excited to see how Adam Rippon does this year in his first year as a senior. I'm anxious about Emily Hughes, want to see Evan's new program, and if Carolyn has speedier footwork and less flutzing. I hope this is another up year for Johnny and really hope that local favorite Alex Johnson does well this year in his first year of college.

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
Pairs: I'm really dying to see the programs for all three of the top Senior Canadian pairs, as well as Pang and Tong this season.

Men: Takashi- I hope this will be a great season for him.
Verner- to make a comeback after a disappointing Worlds.

Ladies: How Nagasu and Zhang will affect the picture.

Ice Dance: The battle between the top few teams.

sillylionlove

Medalist
I am anticipating seeing everyone. But I am really looking forward to seeing Tanith and Ben since no one has mentioned a thing about them. Does anyone even know what music they are using this season?