Thread: Hello!

snowflakes

0 Not allowed!

Hello!

Hey Guys! I thought I would tell you a little bit about me! I hope this is in the right forum!
    My name is Nicole Norris, I am 13 . and a freshman at Andover High school. THe reason I am so young in High school is becuase last year I was homeschooled and we took both 7th and 8th in 7th grade.So like the principal of the high school gave me this placement test that if i passedf it I could skip 8th. Well I passed it YAY! Ok back to abou tme lol! I live in wichita , ks , I have been skating at the Ice Sports wichita for a year now and I am testing Preliminary next month!
    O yea and I just got aksed out the the Homecoming by the Hottest guy in our school! He is a juinor his name is Taylor Kready!
    Omg he is so hot lol!
    Okay! Enough about me ! Can you guys intro. yourselves to me so I can get to know you? Thanks a bunch! Bye!
    Last edited by snowflakes; 09-07-2003 at 12:48 PM.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Hi! Welcome to GS! My name is Jen, I'm 17 years old, and I'm a senior in high school (finally)

I used to skate, but I was skating, dancing, and doing gymnastics, and my mom told me I had to choose only one, and I chose dancing, because I love it so much, it has a more flexible schedule, and I'm really good at it! I still like to skate for fun sometims, and I like watching at competitions, and on TV even better! I got the lead in my company's ballet, "Giselle" and I'm really excited about it! I also dance tap and jazz.

0 Not allowed!
    Hi, Snowflakes. I'm glad you posted. Who is your favorite skater? Only 23 more posts and you can get your avatar. (As the GS official grandfather I have to warn you, watch out for those Juniors!)

Mathman

PS. We have a special folder -- the Cafe -- for welcoming new members and chatting about this and that. Come by any time.

0 Not allowed!
    PPS. I just read your post in the Cafe. Ignore my last PS.

MM

PPPS. I am a math professor in Detroit. You sound like you don't need any help in math, but I'm always here if you do.

Custom Title

0 Not allowed!
    Hi Nicole, and welcome!
    Thanks for telling us a bit about yourself. I'm quite new here, too - as a poster (I used to lurk for a while) , and I really like it.

What else? mmmm - I've got two small kids, two old cats and one husband.
    My favorite skaters? Yags, and Brian Joubert, Sasha Cohen, Carolina Kostner, Jenna McCorkell, Winkler/Lohse plus some others who have turned pro.
    If you ever need some help with German or French, I'm a French teacher in good old Germany, feel free to ask me anytime .

0 Not allowed!
    Hey Nicole, Bienvenue, Bienveni, Wilkomen. Well, you know what I mean. Tell us more about your favorite skater.

Joe

0 Not allowed!

OT

Lisa, does your offer of help with French extend to me, too? I am working on the Newsday Crossword puzzle. #1 across is:

"Terre de nos alieux preceder."

7 letters.

Any help?

Mathman

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Mathman,

Try "O Canada"... just a guess. ("O Canada, terre de nos aieux" is the first line of the Canadian national anthem, en francais...)

EricAba.

P.S. Hi Nicole
    Last edited by EricAba; 09-08-2003 at 04:21 PM.

Custom Title

0 Not allowed!
    Mathman should stay with math

0 Not allowed!
    OCANADA it is! It goes with 1 down, "the first king of modern Greece" (OTTO). Thank you.

MM

0 Not allowed!

Question

Lisa, your English is perfect. Are you North American or British by chance? If so, how did you come to live in Germany?