Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Boots

I just got back from the ice rink where I was ready to buy a new pair of boots. Instead I just had my old boots (which are still rather new) adjusted for my foot, especially my left foot. I had the leather punched out where my bones protrude and they feel much better. I also bought some bunga pads for my ankle area. The guy was very nice and said he didn't want to sell me a new pair of boots if my old ones where still good. So instead of spending a few hundred dollars it cost me a total of $45 to make my skates feel comfortable. My husband was happy about that

Custom Title
    dlk,

So glad you resolved your boot issue, and so inexpensively to boot (pardon the pun)

Imanta,

RE: breaking in boots

Yes, breaking in boots is really a big deal. It is a process that takes some time, and is not the most pleasant process either. Some people have relatively good luck, and there are all kinds of tricks to the trade to make it go smoother. As for Sasha breaking in new boots, it is extremely common to have new boots to break in at the beginning of a season. Most skaters will replace their boots each year as the strain they put on them breaks them down in that time frame.

Canuck

bladesnsk8s

boots

Choosing the right skates are usually a matter of preference. Jackson skates have improved over the years so whoever said that their pro shop told them that - well they weren't just trying to sell them. More and more people are choosing Jackson over Riedell. However if you are happy with the brand of boot you are skating with my suggestion is to stick with that brand. I personally skate on Harlicks - had Harlicks for the past 4 years and have stuck with them since there have been no problems.

If anyone is looking to purchase brand new skates or blades please email me for prices.
    We can offer low, competitive prices on mail orders and we are running a special promotion so feel free to post or email me for more information.
    Last edited by bladesnsk8s; 09-16-2003 at 04:13 PM.

With all my adjustments to my boots, I have to say that they feel much better. Now if only I can skate better

On the Ice
    Thanks so much for the info Canuck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2