Ina Bauer questions | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ina Bauer questions

kemy

Rinkside
Yukina is a very lovely skater...I like her ina the best because of the arch of the back and the leg position being held perpendicular to the ice...it looks controlled and yet still pretty...

rtureck

Final Flight
Is it written in the rule book that an ina is more difficult with the legs are further apart?

Just intuitively if we look at the physics of it, the wider the stance the lower the center of gravity, and the more difficult it is to stumble.

Kemy ITA that Yukina's ina bauer is the most beautiful

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Mathman:

The Ina Bauer was one of Karen Magnussens' "signature" moves. She did a fantastic one.

Yes, it requires a great amount of flexibility and control. Sashas' is exquisite due to her amazing flexibility.

I could never quite master it. I did a great outside spread eagle though.

* A variation of the spread eagle variant where one knee is deeply bent and the other leg stretched behind the body.
Typically done with an arched back.

Here is a picture of the skater who invented the move:

T-38.jpg

1962 - Ina Bauer

ina-don1.jpg

Did you ever wonder where the Ina Bauer move originated? Well, it was invented by this beautiful, 3-time German champion.

kemy

Rinkside
I just watched Yukina's again...wow

Her position is beautiful AND she switches to an inside edge ina...very lovely...and she goe sinto a spread eagle...definite edge control

shine

Record Breaker
I just had to come back to this thread.
I agree. I also just watched the encore from the jr. worlds exhibition where she skated the last part of her long program. That Ina Bauer is just breath taking. Besides the flexibility of her back there's also the way she does the particular move...there's so much tension, and the ina-spreadeagle-spiral sequence perfectly inteprets the music and brings the program to a wonderful end. She's so musical.

registered

On the Ice
Ladskater said:
Mathman:

The Ina Bauer was one of Karen Magnussens' "signature" moves. She did a fantastic one.

Yes, it requires a great amount of flexibility and control. Sashas' is exquisite due to her amazing flexibility.

I could never quite master it. I did a great outside spread eagle though.

* A variation of the spread eagle variant where one knee is deeply bent and the other leg stretched behind the body.
Typically done with an arched back.

Here's another beautiful "Ina," talk about an arched back.. Enjoy!
http://www.sashafans.com/media/gallery/2002skatecanada/practice/practice7.jpg

toutestgrace

Rinkside
I love Sasha's back position and deep plunge with her bent leg. However, Paul Wylie's Ina Bauers have always struck me as powerful and loaded with emotion, the best use of the move for me.