Why does Caroline Zhang bore some people? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Why does Caroline Zhang bore some people?

mskater93

Record Breaker
Reasons why people find Caroline Zhang boring on the ice:
slow and labored ice coverage
poor take off technique on several jumps
shallow edge work
same musical style since she has been on the scene that highlights her lack of speed
other people's undying fan-dom

Reasons why people enjoy Caroline Zhang on the ice:
Spin positions and speed of rotation
Spiral positions
Determination and consistency

For the person who tried to make it a heritage thing, get real. We could be having the same conversation on Rachel Flatt, Ashley Wagner, or Kimmie Meissner

vlaurend

Final Flight
i know you are attacking her skating, but you are implying that caroline zhang is boring person. not a skater. i must confess why attack her because of her chinese heritage. why she is the only skater you mention as boring. no other skater. i find all the skaters boring--why 1) same choreographer, 2)same jumps -cant help that, same music. 3 skating itself--humans can only go so fast and so high without help. so just don't single her out. i am afraid the ones who call her boring are attacking her personally so their (fans) favorite skater ie- mirai, rachel, ashely, mao, yu-na , yukari, joannie can get higher scores from the judiges based on popularity . don't laugh --it works.

The title of this thread is, "Why does Caroline Zhang bore some people?" and the reason it is asked about Caroline Zhang is because Caroline is VERY POPULAR, not because she is of Chinese heritage. The fact that she is so popular proves that she is not being discriminated against because of her heritage. Also, I don't believe even one person mentioned the fact that she is of Chinese descent except you.