Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze or Salé and Pelletier | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze or Salé and Pelletier

Antilles

Medalist
B&S. S&P do some elements beeter, but overall I like B&S. Their speed and lines are wonderful. I also like that they had the guts to do something different in 2001 with Chaplin. That and their 2000 LP are two of my favourite pairs programs.

shine

Record Breaker
Everytime I watch B/S, they just draw me in with their lines and speed, especially Anton. I think he really is one of the most beautiful male skaters ever. Only if he was a singles skater.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
B & S; I like their skating style more and prefer their subtle elegance and expressiveness on ice. I also love Shen & Zhao very much!!!

Marjaana

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
The Endless Debate

I go back and forth on this one. I am almost always a sucker for the artists, the elegant and lyrical skaters....but in pairs skating this is a bit different for me. B&S are undeniably an elegant and refined pair, the typical Russian team in the style of G&G and the Protopopovs. Yet, I find S&P to be exciting in another, far different way. They do have a nice style, though I wouldn't describe it as classic, but more of a contemperary one. Overall, I'd have to say I'd go with B&S but just by a small margin. G&G still have no rivals in my mind. Their "Moonlight Sonata" from Lillehammer is legendary and the definitive pairs performance of the past several decades (in my opinion anyway!).

I like Sale and Pelletier. I find them totally original.

Berezhnaya and Sikharulidze are wonderful, too. But, like everybody is saying on this thread, they skate like Gordeeva and Grinkhov, like the Protopopovs, etc., etc.

Mathman

LarasB

Rinkside
I like both pairs, they are wonderful, but I give the edge to Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze.

Sweetie

Rinkside
Re: Re: Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze or Salé and Pelletier

sk8guy2k2 said:
Shen & Zhao!

Their 2003 Worlds won me over.

Yup, me too

But between the two choices, I'd go with B&S

lulu

Final Flight
S&P have a lot of talent-and a lot of charism.
But without a doubt-Iwould have to go with B&S.

Antilles

Medalist
B&S. They're LPs from 2000-2002 were awesome. I loved S&P's Love Story in 2000, but then they just kept mimicking that program without really capturing it's magic again with T&I and Orchid. They are fine skaters, but they frustrate me. I have high hopes for them both in the pro ranks.

windspirit

On the Ice
Although I like S&P a lot, I have to say B&S. Magic on ice. I can't even put it into words.