Wagner Takes New Approach to Stay at the Top | Golden Skate

Wagner Takes New Approach to Stay at the Top

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
USA's Ashley Wagner, 17, skates to Tango Jalousie by Jacob Gade at the 2008 World Figure Skating Championships. The ladies' podium at the 2008 U.S. Figure Skating Championships was perhaps the most difficult to stand on in the history of the event. Each medalist attempted a triple-triple combination in both the short and long programs, but only one was age-eligible to compete at the World Championships in Sweden. Ashley Wagner, who was 16 at the time, won the bronze medal at her first try at the senior level at the national championships.

....More

flying camel

Medalist
I like her too. She was a beath of fresh air last year during the GP. She was so confident. She is defintely in the hunt to make the top two at Nationals. I can't wait to see her new programs and her new look.:clap:

nubka

Final Flight
Ditto to all! I really like her energy when she skates. She looks like she's alive out there on the ice, not just another cookie cutter princess.

I even liked her ponytail last season, and I hope she doesn't give it up...!

mskater93

Record Breaker
I even liked her ponytail last season, and I hope she doesn't give it up...!

At DuPage, she was wearing a bun got her SP and a pony tail with it looped over and through (twist) but still kinda down for her LP.

lmarie086

Medalist
I'm a fan of Ashley as well; I like the energy she brings into her performances. I enjoyed watching her last season and I can't wait to see what Priscilla Hill has done with her. If her SP from Liberty is any indication, this could potentially be a great season for her.

There's a very interesting article in the latest issue of Blades about Ashley. It includes a lot about Patricia Hill and it mentions Hill's reactons to Weir.

Blades has come out with a good issue finally and gives new information and not just full of photos. Interesting article on Sappenfield, too and Platov.

fourclover

On the Ice
Ashley's my favorite skater in team USA. I can't wait to see her new program this season and hope to see her place in the top three so I can watch her exhibitions. Did she do exhibitons at TEB last season?

AwesomeIce

Match Penalty
I love Ashley. I hope she kicks butt this year! She so much more interesting than some other ladiezzzzzz.