Final results for free dance and skate!!!! | Golden Skate

Final results for free dance and skate!!!!

mpal2

Final Flight
Very interesting that Jennifer could win with only 2 triple toes. Her jumps are lacking but her skating is beautiful. She is definitely one of my favorites.

It's still to early to tell if the COP is working as the USFSA sited is claiming. They really didn't mention anyone else's errors other than Amber. Does anyone have any information on how well or badly the other ladies skated?

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
So, the clean programs are rewarded. It is good because it can keep at bay the tendency to add more and more jumps; however, it can also be bad because it can make skaters too cautious and conservative.

lavender

Record Breaker
I'm so confused. You can win the free skate but still may not win. Stupid. It's all about the points. I'm referring to the men's free skate.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Lavender, it is not stupid at all. The skaters must prepare to programs. Sure, LP is more important that the SP (2 times so), but that does not mean that SP is meaningless! Sure, Scott Smith one the LP; but he did so by only a few points, while he lost the SP by a whole 9. I, for one, never liked the old system where it did not matter what the gap between skaters was in a particular program, only the placements counted.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Ptichka said:
I, for one, never liked the old system where it did not matter what the gap between skaters was in a particular program, only the placements counted.

ITA. I also never like it when a bunch of skaters were very close after the SP -- like at '03 Nationals for Ladies -- but the 6th place finisher was mired with 3.0 ordinals, and nearly no chance of winning.