What Kind of Fan Are You? | Golden Skate

What Kind of Fan Are You?

C

CartDi

Re: What Kind of Fan Are You?

I am a fan of many skaters, mainly I like Mens and Dance, but of course there are a couple of Ladies and Pairs skaters I like. :)

D

dlksk8fan

I like the sport itself. I do have preferences as far as skaters go, but am not a fan of one specific skater. I just like to see good skating in all disciplines.

K

Kara Bear

I'm all mixed up. I mostly watch pairs and dance but sometimes I become attached to certain single skaters.:D

H

HamiltonBrowningFan

I'm one of those fans who can't skate to save her life so she looks up and respects all skaters because she can't do one mille-anything of what they do...

however she's one that tries to educate herself on the terms, and has her personal favorites

and she likes to argue with Dick and Peggy and Sandra :lol: :evil:

J

Joesitz

After seeing Worlds, I even like Comulsory Dance. I can't help but get with the competitors who are trying their best despite nerves. Just think of working all year for this one 4 minute routine and not doing your best. Very sad sometimes.

Joe

S

Show 42

My favs are first pairs, then ladies, followed by mens, and sometimes but rarely dance.........42

I

IWannabeASkater

My favorite is Men's, followed closely by Ladies and Pairs. I also watch and like dance, but not as much simply because I'm not always 100% sure what to look for.

~ Jen

M

magentataupe

I like many skaters from each discipline. :D

D

Dee4707

First, I like the men's comps very, very much. I like the rest and have specific favorites in each. I like all the skaters, some just get on my nerves more than others.

Dee

S

starshinexavier

My fav is synchro, followed by mens, pairs, dance and then ladies. I have my favs in each as well.

K

Kzarah

I am for singles or pairs. I don't really care for Dance. I know that I am going to get a lot of negitive feed back for this but, Dance is for those who cannot skate singles or pairs. In other words, dance is for those who cannot jump.
Daniel and Little Lulu

L

lottafs

I LOVE watching ladies. Then I like to watch men's, then pairs. I don't care much for ice dance except when Lang/Tcher and Bourne/Kraatz are there. ;)

L

lilicedancer

Argh! I hate that label on ice dance!!!! That's not it at all, it is for some dancers, but not for most. Personally, I like the intricacy and challenge of dance- mentally and physically. I just get so darn fed up with dance getting no respect!

J

Joesitz

Lillice - After seeing dance live, I have changed my opinion. I even enjoyed watching the compulsory dance. Those edges and quick changes of basics. Increible.

joe

C

CuteGreekGoddess

<span style="color:blue;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:x-small;"><strong>
I like ice dance, mens, ladies and pairs
I like certain skaters from all disciplines </strong></span>

G

Glacierskater

I am passionate about all skating...figure, dance, and hockey too.

P

patsue

I'm a fan of all disciplines. Enjoy the singles (women & men ) then pairs and finally dancing. The criteria for each discipline to me is quite facinating. And to see a particular skater or pair or team excel and bring viewers to their feet or tears is what figure skating is all about. The country of origin does not matter. It's that special moment in time where everything came together to produce something so memorable that will live on long after the skater(s) have finished their careers. It's like seeing Tiger Woods sink that putt at the British Open in the dark. The work ethic that got him to that point at that time, well, it's almost beyond description.

P

Pookie

I enjoy all the disciplines. Sometimes I'm a little more interested in one group than another but I always watch all I can.

NanSinger2

On the Ice
What Kind of Fan am I?

In all honesty, during skating season, I am a fanatic, and literally plan my day around when I can get web updates and the latest news. At the end of the season, I literally go through withdraw symptoms. Overall, love the ladies the best, but watch and enjoy everything faithfully.